By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

I'm impressed with how Xbox 360, Ps3 and Ps4 performance this game, especially the seventh gen consoles all things considered.

Disappointed by the Xbox One, though.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
ethomaz said:

Bristow9091 said:

Is it just me that prefers the sky in the current gen and XBOX One compared to the PS4? The PS4 sky looks too plain in my opinion, and the blue they used is weird, lol.

The game has dynamic sky because the dynamic time... so some time of the day didn't have cloud.

Yeah that's the buzzwords being rammed down peoples' throats, but the actual fact is the  'dynamic sky' looks fake and wrong in this video.

Telling me that it has 'computational algorithmarzez' to 'calculatorz teh sky' doesn't make it not look crappy and fake.

So because the sky is clear it looks "fake?" I live in WA state where it is cloudy 80% of the time but even we get clear skies and it doesn't look fake to me. I guess since I am used to cloudy skies I don't know what a clear sky ought to look like so pardon my naivete here but I think you are being nitpicky. Unless it is your opinion that cloudy skies look better than clear skies?

The sky looks fine and having the dynamic sky is a cool feature no tpresent in any of the other versions. A plus in the PS4 column here.

-CraZed- said:
VitroBahllee said:
ethomaz said:

Bristow9091 said:

Is it just me that prefers the sky in the current gen and XBOX One compared to the PS4? The PS4 sky looks too plain in my opinion, and the blue they used is weird, lol.

The game has dynamic sky because the dynamic time... so some time of the day didn't have cloud.

Yeah that's the buzzwords being rammed down peoples' throats, but the actual fact is the  'dynamic sky' looks fake and wrong in this video.

Telling me that it has 'computational algorithmarzez' to 'calculatorz teh sky' doesn't make it not look crappy and fake.

So because the sky is clear it looks "fake?" I live in WA state where it is cloudy 80% of the time but even we get clear skies and it doesn't look fake to me. I guess since I am used to cloudy skies I don't know what a clear sky ought to look like so pardon my naivete here but I think you are being nitpicky. Unless it is your opinion that cloudy skies look better than clear skies?

The sky looks fine and having the dynamic sky is a cool feature no tpresent in any of the other versions. A plus in the PS4 column here.

Heh, maybe the weather where I live just sucks and I am not used to the sky looking like that. 

VitroBahllee said:
-CraZed- said:
VitroBahllee said:
ethomaz said:

Bristow9091 said:

Heh, maybe the weather where I live just sucks and I am not used to the sky looking like that. 

LOL. Can't be worse than the Puget Sound (Tacoma-Seattle, WA) . We literally get 8-9 months of clouds and rain every year.

fatslob-:O said:
Kasz216 said:
fatslob-:O said:
Kasz216 said:
Saebid said:

Carl2291 said:

Umm, what exatly is mod chat ?

And how do I get there ? 

Mod chat is a private chatroom the mods go to discuss moderations and shoot the shit.

Only way to get there is to be invited by... Kantor i want to say, and he'll only invite mods.

Around the Network

I used the link and downloaded the video to my PS3 so I could watch it on my TV in 1080p. I noticed the smoother frame rate and more detail in the PS4 version but the leap still didn't impress me like I thought it would. If anything, I'm more surprised how well the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions held up.