By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

so 12 million in april .
prediction wordwilde
1,5 million in may ( GTA 4)
1 million in june (mgs 4)

800k in july (E3 hype believe)
800k in august
1 million in september(litlle big planet, killzone ,socom , price cut ? )
1 million in October
1.5 million in November
2.5 million in december

22 million by december 08 WTF ?

Around the Network

@justofrrehs

LOL...classic post...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

yet their software numbers still suck compare to the 360s.

wareagle372 said:

If you look at attach ratio instead of total numbers, you'll see that the average PS3 owner buys just as many games as the average 360 owner.

When will people realise that all three consoles sell the same amount of software?

Around the Network
Chubear said:

Yes I know it may look that way now but jsut you watch. By 2009 the wii will start to leak oil like crazy and the PS3 would just  be catching on fire.

You guys who laugh at me or doubt what I'm saying need to ask yourself - How on earth can teh wii out sell the NES @ roughly 65mill when it has 2 major competitors to deal with when the NES had virtually none?

How can the wii sell PS1 or PS2 type numbers when it's sole purpose is gaming? The PS1 & PS2 got into the 100mill zone cause they could do more than just play games and thus catered to a broader base.

Could the wii do N64 numbers of roughly 34mill? I think that's more likely. Could it do SNES numbers of roughly 45mill? Dont' think so but it's possible sure; but for the wii to do NES numbers? No way Jose - please quote me on that.

What exactly did the PS1 do besides play games (with really shit graphics - yeah I has an N64)? Play CDs? The Sega Saturn did this also. Hardly a bullet point feature. Sure the PS2 could play DVDs and that was the primary reason I purchased one early on.

The_God_of_War said:
wareagle372 said:

If you look at attach ratio instead of total numbers, you'll see that the average PS3 owner buys just as many games as the average 360 owner.

No, the 360s attach ratio is like 7.5 while PS3 is like 3.5(this is an approximate).

madskillz said:
Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you couldn't find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

Wake me up when this foolishness is over ...

So the fuck what.  MS's supply problems are its own fault, just like it's construction/reliability/RRoD problems are its own fault.

PS3: faster sales even though the 360 was already out as HD competition, and with a higher PS3 price.  Bam.  Loving it.  Coming in 09: PS3 passes 360 in sales and never looks back.

wareagle372 said:
The_God_of_War said:
wareagle372 said:

No, the 360s attach ratio is like 7.5 while PS3 is like 3.5(this is an approximate).

The PS3's worldwide attach rate is 5, roughly the same as the 360's attach rate after it's first year.

For example, just look at the software sales for NA this week- 623,382 for the PS3 and 1,066,672 for the 360. 4.73 million PS3's vs 11.60 million 360's in NA- there's over twice as many 360's than PS3's in NA, but it's software sales are nowhere near twice as many.

If anything, the average PS3 owner is buying more games than the average 360 owner.

software sales this week

360: 1.304M
PS3: 1.078M

so the attach ratio is higher on the PS3 considering the installed base