By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

Chubear said:
Bingoo said:
with two price drops while MS had zero...
high five!

Dude, please this is for PS3 fans. No need to troll.

If a whole year without any competition isn't a massively crazy advantage in it's self then I don't know what else could be.

Please this is a disscussion on current sales events, adhere from trolling. State what you must for arguement sake sure but don't cross the line.

Thank you.

agree. Why troll? Power to PS3. It done well. Just accept it guys. PS3 was never doomed, even with less AAA games the Playstation brand has alot of weight. 

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Mars said:
zeldaspimp69 said:

the ps3 was only in 2/3 moarkets cause thats all they had.

and how can the 360 be failing when its outselling the ps3 by 8 million units?

and when GTA4 and other major releases com out, if they Just want that gmaes, they will get a 360,

280$, hd cables included, around 10 free games (8 are xbox arcade)

so the 360 will make a comback with exclusive relesas, the ps3 just has FF, resistance 2 and... nothing, not even backward compatibility, so remind me, whos system is dommed?

BAhahhahahahahahah, oh god the igonrance and delusions.

So is he a troll or just a fool ?

Actually, he is no troll, he is posting his opinion, and let's face it. It has more substance then anything you've ever posted on this site.

I'm a huge Playstation fan, just check my posting history if you want. But even I can see that the 360 version
of GTA will sell better than the PS3 version. What reason do gamers have to pick the PS3 version? The contoller? If that was a good point, then I guess all of the other multiplatform IPs that sold better on
the PS2 than the Xbox should've sold better on the PS3 than on the 360. But they didn't, and that's a fact.

Give me one reason as to why it will sell better on the PS3 than the 360? You can't use controller, as I've
already refuted this point.

And judging by your post history, Mars, you are a troll and a fool.

Because of a guarrenteed hard drive in every PS3, a part of GTAIV can be installed onto thehard drive to give the PS3 version less pop-in, better draw distance and better anti-aliasing. wheras only the people who pay an aditional amount will get a hard drive with their 360 so rockstar can't allow the game to be installed with the 360, which makes the 360s version perform less awesome than the PS3 version. I think exclusive content is nothing, rockstar have a strong bond with sony and will probably release another set of DLC for the PS3 version. sure, it could be different content, but at least it would be something to rub in microsofts 50million dollar face

PSN ID: OverDrivve

"They wanted success, and they wanted it no later than teatime friday" - Mick Rock

BCNR34 said:
Noobie said:
I wander how Sony Fanboys can manage to turn it as a victory when another console launched at the same time and have sold twice as many as twice the console... have twice as many million sellers. and also have lot bigger software sales...

I mean saying that Sony is selling at twice the price is useless... their last console has sold 120 million and is still selling and if they have anything to judge their success than that it is... not XBOX or some other lousy console...

ok seriously, this post is 100% anti-sony BS.

How is it anti-Sony.? 

isn't PS2 has set standard...

or isn't PS3 still has very very few million sellers compared to other console.?

or isn't the PS3 graphics for most of the multiplatform games worst.?

or isn't developer are dropping PS3 games before of inherent complexity of programming and low market penetration of PS3.?

hasn't almost 1 and a half yr has passed for the PS3 release and it is still not looking to catch XBOX... 

Do you think the creator of PS1 and PS2 should be happy with these result..

i m sure i wouldn;t be if i be the chairman of Sony....

It is just like saying that Toyota should be happy as long as they r selling better than Kia or Hyundai.. 

just so you all know, this thread is a month old.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Noobie said:
BCNR34 said:
Noobie said:
I wander how Sony Fanboys can manage to turn it as a victory when another console launched at the same time and have sold twice as many as twice the console... have twice as many million sellers. and also have lot bigger software sales...

I mean saying that Sony is selling at twice the price is useless... their last console has sold 120 million and is still selling and if they have anything to judge their success than that it is... not XBOX or some other lousy console...

How is it anti-Sony.?

[1] isn't PS2 has set standard...

[2] or isn't PS3 still has very very few million sellers compared to other console.?

[3] or isn't the PS3 graphics for most of the multiplatform games worst.?

[4] or isn't developer are dropping PS3 games before of inherent complexity of programming and low market penetration of PS3.?

[5] hasn't almost 1 and a half yr has passed for the PS3 release and it is still not looking to catch XBOX...

[6] Do you think the creator of PS1 and PS2 should be happy with these result..

[7] i m sure i wouldn;t be if i be the chairman of Sony....

[8] It is just like saying that Toyota should be happy as long as they r selling better than Kia or Hyundai..

1. Yes, Sony set the standard for dominance.  And PS3 is barely behind PS2 sales at the same point in its life cycle (less than 200k behind, i think)

2. Attach rate is like 4.5 for PS3 and 7.5 for 360 WW, right?  And PS3 is a year newer, and proportionally more PS3 sales have come more recently.

3. Not anymore.  PS3 has the edge more than half the time now, I'd say.  PS3 isn't appreciably behind anymroe, that's for sure.  Cell unlocked, but far from mastered.

4. Not really.

5. It's starting to catch UP, and sales are accelerating, while 360s...not so much.

6. Yes.  (see #1 and add in Blu-Ray royalties over the next 10 years). 

7. Why dwell on impossibilities?

8.  Just as long as we agree that MS is Kia, Nintendo is Hyundai with a shitload more sales and coolness, and Sony is Toyota.

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Noobie said:
BCNR34 said:
Noobie said:

How is it anti-Sony.?

[1] isn't PS2 has set standard...

[2] or isn't PS3 still has very very few million sellers compared to other console.?

[3] or isn't the PS3 graphics for most of the multiplatform games worst.?

[4] or isn't developer are dropping PS3 games before of inherent complexity of programming and low market penetration of PS3.?

[5] hasn't almost 1 and a half yr has passed for the PS3 release and it is still not looking to catch XBOX...

[6] Do you think the creator of PS1 and PS2 should be happy with these result..

[7] i m sure i wouldn;t be if i be the chairman of Sony....

[8] It is just like saying that Toyota should be happy as long as they r selling better than Kia or Hyundai..

1. Yes, Sony set the standard for dominance. And PS3 is barely behind PS2 sales at the same point in its life cycle (less than 200k behind, i think)

Only when you don't adjust for the fact that the PS2 was out in Japan only for 7 months. When you Align launches by region instead of world wide you see the PS3 is actually very behind the PS2 everywhere.

Edit: Charts for Proof.  (With 360 thrown in)

Japan 

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&weeks=156

Europe

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&weeks=156

USA

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&weeks=156

heres a thought if the ps3 was made by microsoft and the x360 made by sony. then the x360 would have shifted alot more consoles. you would be suprised what the PS sony brand can do to a system, i dont no mabe it has something to do with the last two ps systems being the most popular consoles on the market at that time

Congrats to Sony for reaching this milestone. Lets not forget that they're only 6 million units behind the 360 in WW sales. All of this "my console sold more than you" deal is played out. Lets just give credit where credit is due and just enjoy the system(s) that you have. Getting upset over something so trivial as console sales does nothing for you. Play your games and enjoy them regardless which system they may be on.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Kasz216 said:

Only when you don't adjust for the fact that the PS2 was out in Japan only for 7 months. When you Align launches by region instead of world wide you see the PS3 is actually very behind the PS2 everywhere.

Edit: Charts for Proof. (With 360 thrown in)

Ugh..site is slow...

But yeah, OK more behind PS2 by that metric. PS2 is Sony's unique victory. Said it before and will say it again: to call consoles that fall short of PS2 "failures" or whatever is BS.  That's my point in general.  So even IF PS3 and 360 have sold slower than PS2 (or Wii), they're not falures for that reason, etc.  These are businesses we are talking about, here.  Companies like profits even if they'd always prefer more.  [By the way, why not use worldwide figures still? I wonder. If there were supply issues for one console more than the other, that's a negative for the console with supply issues. No free passes for "not released in certain regions" when the real reason is "didn't have the infrastructure to produce it".]

Since PS3 will generate Blu-Ray royalties and video/game download sales by gen end, PS3 will be very successful. Games independently: also very succesful.

The existence of PS2 just means that Sony pwned the world back then. Anything less is a failure? Seriously, there are few words for the blatant fanboy FUD behind that logic.  Yet it keeps popping up.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Kasz216 said:

Edit: Charts for Proof. (With 360 thrown in)

Ugh..site is slow...

But yeah, OK more behind PS2 by that metric. PS2 is Sony's unique victory. Said it before and will say it again: to call consoles that fall short of PS2 "failures" or whatever is BS. That's my point in general. So even IF PS3 and 360 have sold slower than PS2 (or Wii), they're not falures for that reason, etc. These are businesses we are talking about, here. Companies like profits even if they'd always prefer more. [By the way, why not use worldwide figures still? I wonder. If there were supply issues for one console more than the other, that's a negative for the console with supply issues. No free passes for "not released in certain regions" when the real reason is "didn't have the infrastructure to produce it".]

Since PS3 will generate Blu-Ray royalties and video/game download sales by gen end, PS3 will be very successful. Games independently: also very succesful.

The existence of PS2 just means that Sony pwned the world back then. Anything less is a failure? Seriously, there are few words for the blatant fanboy FUD behind that logic. Yet it keeps popping up.

I don't know. Blu-ray royalties are expected to be much less then DVD as a number of companys were fighting back at how overpirced DVD royalties were... a standard deal with signficantly less royalties will be likely needed if blu-ray wants non sony movie studios to get on board with the majority of their movies... and Sony owns less then half of the rights to blu-ray royalties.

Blu-ray will make money, but it will be nowhere near the level that DVDs or CDs made people. 

That's the risk you run with Loss Leading... if you lose, you lose big... Sony luckily can afford it unlike Sega.

Then again it may make Blu-ray look like less of a failure.  They aren't selling really outside of the PS3... even after running HD-DVD out of the market.

http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/35730