By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

madskillz said:
Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you couldn't find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

Wake me up when this foolishness is over ...

BS, 360's were never in short supply, there were broken ones every where... haha, i crack myself up

anyways sales are sales, and the ps3 is selling more quickly than the 360, like it should be

Around the Network

I also see the PS3 has gotten to the 12 mill mark by VGC accounts quicker than the 360 by 5 whole months. Not bad for a console that was labeled a failure only a year ago.

Chubear said:
I also see the PS3 has gotten to the 12 mill mark by VGC accounts quicker than the 360 by 5 whole months. Not bad for a console that was labeled a failure only a year ago.

Yeah, the tables have really turned drastically over the past year, the PS3 has made an incredible recovery!

Perhaps people will stop underestimating Sony now? The short-sightedness of some people amazes me sometimes. This is the company that destroyed Nintendo and Sega in the 90's and are the only company to sell over 100 million consoles- twice! Yet people were absolutely convinced that the PS3 wouldn't survive 2007. I don't want to sound like a "Sony Fanboy" here, but no other company could sell a console for $600/£425 and have it do this well.

Sony has one market more than Microsoft to sell it's console on, Japan, so you can also say that even without Japan Microsoft managed to sell 10 mill just 4 months short of Sony.. not bad done by MS if you look at it that way..

''Hadouken!''

Wow, why did you raise this thread back from the dead?

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

I wander how Sony Fanboys can manage to turn it as a victory when another console launched at the same time and have sold twice as many as twice the console... have twice as many million sellers. and also have lot bigger software sales...

I mean saying that Sony is selling at twice the price is useless... their last console has sold 120 million and is still selling and if they have anything to judge their success than that it is... not XBOX or some other lousy console...

'he glared against the sparkly sheen of the past and made a resolute retreat back into the present, all the while wondering intently what he had witnessed'

Noobie said:
I wander how Sony Fanboys can manage to turn it as a victory when another console launched at the same time and have sold twice as many as twice the console... have twice as many million sellers. and also have lot bigger software sales...

I mean saying that Sony is selling at twice the price is useless... their last console has sold 120 million and is still selling and if they have anything to judge their success than that it is... not XBOX or some other lousy console...

ok seriously, this post is 100% anti-sony BS.

lol half the 360 sold are people replaceing there old RROD system (trade in at gamestop) thinking the new 360 dont get the RROD (it still dose)

the 360 sucked as very bad it didnt even have lounch HDMI no HDD (wired remotes? HAHAH)

over hyped games that fail too deliver (halo 3)

im glad the xbox will finish last (again)

i am very sorry too all you people who WASTED your monney on a 360......just becarefull your mom dosent trip on your remote wire when your playing or els it will scratch the disk inside and sound like a chain saw and man are those fans loud!!!!!!

ol it deels like if im playig a NES whit that giant black power brick........! i can cook my self a burger on it........

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

@justforreggs

LOL!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!