By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

According to VGC, the PS3 hit the 10 million mark a good 4 months before the 360 accomplished this goal.

Not bad for a console that was pronounced doomed before launch and was predicted to not reach 10mill in it's life time.

Uhmmm, so what does it say when a console launched a year later, being more expensive, was prey to the most crazy anti-viral smear campaign ever, had two massive competition to deal with and "no" games to speak off... and still sold better/faster than the 360? Wow.

Around the Network

Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you couldn't find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

Wake me up when this foolishness is over ...

that spike was Euro launch????????

madskillz said:
Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you could find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

Yea and PS3 had a delayed PAL launch giving the 360 months more to sell, so what's your point??

madskillz said:
Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you could find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

You mean you 'COULD'NT' ?

Coz if that is the caze well I think that is not a good excuse.

Around the Network
madskillz said:

And the fact that the ps3 was only released in two territories up until March '07 had no effect whatsoever? Or the fact that the only reason the ps3 could be found on shelves so soon after launch was because of it's exorbitantly high price?

MS had shipped 10.6 million 360s by the end of '06, so any droughts would've been easily handled by the end of the year. In comparison, Sony stated they finally shipped 10.5 million ps3s just this past week. Sony shipped less and sold more than Microsoft, at a much higher price. Don't give me any of this drought BS.

Go PS3...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

with two price drops while MS had zero...
high five!

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

madskillz said:

:( Well, whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

Anyways, This is a joy to see after so long with all the negativity surrounding not just the PS3 but it's fanbase too. I can't tell you how insane people had pegged the PS3 for failure just 6months ago..but I'm sure you al remember very well.

The PS3 is poised to over take the 360 by the end of this year obviously and will certainly over take the wii by the end of 2009.

I'm just proud of all the PS3 fans that endured all the FUD that was blasted relentlessly on every single PS3 forum on the net and still stood strong in their belief about the capabilities of the PS3 regardless of the insane anti-viral slander by the gaming media and others.

Big big thumbs up to all fellow PS3 supporters. You all rock!

where are your madskillz now?! you got owned!