By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

lol lost tears of kain a ps3 fan? ROFL

thats like madskillz saying hes "not biased" because he owns all 3 systems.

hilarious.

next thing you know we'll have starcraft saying how hes unbiased. oh wait, that already happened lol.

Around the Network
Chubear said:

According to VGC, the PS3 hit the 10 million mark a good 4 months before the 360 accomplished this goal.

Not bad for a console that was pronounced doomed before launch and was predicted to not reach 10mill in it's life time.

Uhmmm, so what does it say when a console launched a year later, being more expensive, was prey to the most crazy anti-viral smear campaign ever, had two massive competition to deal with and "no" games to speak off... and still sold better/faster than the 360? Wow.

ROFLOL...PS3 isn't liking to get ANYWHERE near the success level of the PS2, which was the bar to compare PS3 to.  In the real world of business and Fanancial markets, you're measure by what you're LAST product did...The competition from Wii and 360 are going to make it HIGHLY unlikely of that level of success of PS3...added to this is the current losses that Sony is taking on EACH unit sold...looking into the future.  Without the Ps2 and the PSP, the PS3 as a gaming console would be posting some spectacular losses for Sony right now, and what's going to happen when 360 drops it's prices to under $300 and nearly $200...how does Sony match that?  Wii is doing fine, but I'm sure it's going to feel a pinch from a 360 that low as well...here's a tip...the AVERAGE consumer isn't a fanboy who hates Microsoft.

Also, ALOT of people who LOVE to rave about the resurging PS3 like to use a short-term and myopic view of what transpired over the last 6 months.  PS3 has done more flip-flops then a politician pre-election/post-election...consoles off the market, no backward compatability with PS2, less ports, and certianly the LARGEST factor...a HUGE price cut...$100 is ALOT of money!  So, it's not like the system JUST starting selling for no apparent reason.  360 lsot a HUGE price advantage, and the $50 jsut didn't cut it...everybody said it when it happened, and I'm surprised it took this long for it to play out for MS.

And LASTLY...The Japan have ZERO interest in a console made outside their country...period.  I don't care if the console was made in Heaven, they are extremely homers when it comes to their electronics...If American had been as close to PS3 as Japan is to the 360...things would look ALOT different. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Bingoo I do not see your arguement here. I think it would be better if you leave. Your arguement is weak... Hell your arguement doesn't make sense even.

Bingoo said:
Also i dont remember the 360 containing bundles until recently... unlike the ps3

Everyone his strategy... In my opinion it is a lame excuse to say 'Xbox 360 had no bundles so it doesn't count'.

Xbox 360 could have bundles but MS didn't wanted to release bundles if that is something that effects their sales well that is their problem..

BCNR - Legend will say it .... wait that happened too.

Around the Network

heru - this isn't about the "ps3 suxors" its about "lol 360 got out soldeded by a higher priced machine with millions of fanboys criticizing it"

Go take your trolling elsewhere

konnichiwa said:

Obviously? Because it outsells the X360 on a weekly basis of 50K? it will take years to pass it this way.

Taking over the Wii ;;.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD.

@Bingoo:  I thought the X360 had a pricedrop too..

Oh boy. You really want to make such comments and laugh about it?

I have a bunch of comments jsut like your's saved up only a year ago about how the PS3 would never sell 10mill in it's life time, would come in last this gen and Sony shouldn't even bother any more with the PS3 cause it's dead and should focus more on either the PS2 or PS4 (if they stay in business that long) and they all laughe dabout i.

They look rather daft now uh?

I'll tell you this, just like the pattern with the PS1&2, the end of the 2nd year for the PS3 will be monstrous. By Nov this year the PS3 is going to go on an out right tear the like haven't been seen in a while. Japan will explode, EU will bubble and NA will rush the PS3 like it's going out of style.

Please, if you wish, save my comment and laugh at me if I'm wrong. Yes, by 2009 the PS3 WILL beat out the wii and also (jsut for a bonus kicker) The sales gap btw the PSP & the DS will be relatively close by 2010/2011.

Please, quote me on that. :)

heruamon said:
Chubear said:

According to VGC, the PS3 hit the 10 million mark a good 4 months before the 360 accomplished this goal.

Not bad for a console that was pronounced doomed before launch and was predicted to not reach 10mill in it's life time.

Uhmmm, so what does it say when a console launched a year later, being more expensive, was prey to the most crazy anti-viral smear campaign ever, had two massive competition to deal with and "no" games to speak off... and still sold better/faster than the 360? Wow.

ROFLOL...PS3 isn't liking to get ANYWHERE near the success level of the PS2, which was the bar to compare PS3 to. In the real world of business and Fanancial markets, you're measure by what you're LAST product did...The competition from Wii and 360 are going to make it HIGHLY unlikely of that level of success of PS3...added to this is the current losses that Sony is taking on EACH unit sold...looking into the future. Without the Ps2 and the PSP, the PS3 as a gaming console would be posting some spectacular losses for Sony right now, and what's going to happen when 360 drops it's prices to under $300 and nearly $200...how does Sony match that? Wii is doing fine, but I'm sure it's going to feel a pinch from a 360 that low as well...here's a tip...the AVERAGE consumer isn't a fanboy who hates Microsoft.

what the hell rofl, you're compared to your last product?

so firestone must be the best company in the world now since their tires no longer randomly explode. thats a 100% improvement if you ask me.

sony isn't taking loses, this has already been discussed.

sony will drop the price when microsoft does, sorry. they can afford it and they want to stay competitive.

heruamon said:
Chubear said:

ROFLOL...PS3 isn't liking to get ANYWHERE near the success level of the PS2, which was the bar to compare PS3 to.  In the real world of business and Fanancial markets, you're measure by what you're LAST product did...The competition from Wii and 360 are going to make it HIGHLY unlikely of that level of success of PS3...added to this is the current losses that Sony is taking on EACH unit sold...looking into the future.  Without the Ps2 and the PSP, the PS3 as a gaming console would be posting some spectacular losses for Sony right now, and what's going to happen when 360 drops it's prices to under $300 and nearly $200...how does Sony match that?  Wii is doing fine, but I'm sure it's going to feel a pinch from a 360 that low as well...here's a tip...the AVERAGE consumer isn't a fanboy who hates Microsoft.

Well your answer is a bit misplaced...The OP pos was not talking about the sales of PS2 or anythig else that you are talking about still you attack and laugh with him like that, you are mad because PS3 is selling better don't post your frustations here please..

And you are so sure Xbox 360 will pass their Xbox sales?

Chubear I should put that in my sig.