By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

PS3 ftw

^_^

Around the Network

i thought the ps3 was selling bad, when its really the xbox 360 that is selling bad

but why did people say it was selling so bad?

zeldaspimp69 said:

the ps3 was only in 2/3 moarkets cause thats all they had.

and how can the 360 be failing when its outselling the ps3 by 8 million units?

and when GTA4 and other major releases com out, if they Just want that gmaes, they will get a 360,

280$, hd cables included, around 10 free games (8 are xbox arcade)

so the 360 will make a comback with exclusive relesas, the ps3 just has FF, resistance 2 and... nothing, not even backward compatibility, so remind me, whos system is dommed?

BAhahhahahahahahah, oh god the igonrance and delusions.

So is he a troll or just a fool ?

the ps3 just has FF, resistance 2 and... nothing
2008:

PlayStation 3 Blu-Ray Games

Afrika - Rhino Studios
The Agency - Sony Online Entertainment
Big Time Revenge - Anygame Company
Bipedal Movement Simulation - Artdink
Brave Arms - Cellius
Buzz Quiz TV - Relentless Software
Chain Limit - Cellius
Coded Arms Assault - Konami
Digimon World Online - Namco Bandai
Disgaea 3 - Nippon Ichi
DC Universe - Sony Online Entertainment
Driver - Reflections Interactive
Eight Days - Sony Computer Entertainment London
Hot Shots Golf 5 - Clap Hanz/Sony Computer Entertainment International
Eyedentify - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan
Fifth Phantom Saga - Sonic Team Sega
Final Fantasy XIII - Square Enix (Maybe 2009)
Free Realms - Sony Online Entertainment
The Getaway 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment London
God of War 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio (Maybe 2009)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
Gran Turismo 5 - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
Haze - Free Radical Design
Heavy Rain - Quantic Dream
Infamous - Sucker Punch Studios
Killzone 2 - Guerilla Games
The Last Canyon (the Team Ico game supposed name)
LittleBigPlanet - Media Molecule
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Kojima Productions
MotorStorm 2 - Evolution studio
Naruto: PS3 project - CyberConnect2
Nobi Nobi Boy - Namco Bandai
Resistance: Fall of Man 2 - Insomniac
Second Season 01 - Cellius
Singstar - Sony Computer Entertainment London
Socom: Confrontation - Slant Six Games
Tekken 6 - Namco Bandai
Valkyrie The Battlefield - Sega
Wardevil (Maybe 09) - Digi-Guys
White Knight Story - Level5
Yakuza 3 - Sega

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

konnichiwa said:
madskillz said:
Here's the deal - look at the X360 vs. PS3 charts. Look after launch for both consoles - notice that spike in sales for the PS3? Do you notice the 360 nonspike? Ok ... now look at the 360's numbers. Notice anything? There was a drought after the 360 launch for months. In several places in N.A., you couldn't find a 360. I finally snagged one in April of 2006. The numbers reflect it - case closed. Pay the judge.

Wake me up when this foolishness is over ...

You mean you 'COULD'NT' ?

Coz if that is the caze well I think that is not a good excuse.

FIXED. Thanks for the save ... yikes!!!! 

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
I'msurprised the mods aren't all over this thread.

There's so many fanboys and flamebaiting from boths sides.

What he said ... I have on a flame retardant suit to walk through this flameboy revival.

Forget this - I'm gonna slam some cold ones and get some shut-eye ... I'm dizzout ... 

I own both a ps3 and an xbox 360. While both systems have excellent points of interest, the clear winner of quality is the ps3. As we speak sony is further developing significant improvements for an already superior machine. Sorry ms, you'll see the difference.

Bottomline: Before the PS3 came out it seemed as though all people could talk about was

1. The price
2. Online not being as good as Live (right out the gate)
3. Sony loosing exclusives
4. How they didn't need Blu-Ray for anything.

Now, considering what we've seen:

1. Price has been lowered
2. That's more of a personal judgment call.
3. While Capcom did put DMC4 on both there have been games that were specific to rival consoles which found their way to PlayStation. But this is not mentioned because it helps to justify the posters belief in their console.
4. Sony took a chance on Blu-Ray that has now paid off. Either way, this would have worked in Sony's favor. If HD-DVD became the format of choice, Sony would still have their games pressed onto Blu-Ray disks. And that's what people have been trying to get across to non-believers since this thing began.

Sony gamers are happy because it would seem that they aren't complete idiots afterall, and maybe, just maybe they had it right all along. ^_^'

To buy, 1.FF13 2.Uncharted 2 3.White night story 4.Tales of vesperia 5.Killzone 2 5.Infamous 7.Buzz quiz TV 8.Fat princess 9.GT5 10.Dragon age orgins 11.Dragon quest 9 Mayb Demon souls UFC games Fight night 4 Resident evil 5 Red dead redemption Free realms DC universe Flower Alan wake

^^ Yup - just maybe :)

Also, look out for what I said regardign the PSP v DS sales. I hav eno doubt that

1) By end of their respective production dates that ratio gap btw the DS & PSP will be significantly closer than what it is now with the DS gathering btw 55-60% of the market while the PSP acquiring btw 40-45%.

2) The PSP2 will beat out the DS2 in their respective next gen battle - comfortably. Almost a mirror reverse image of their past battle.

sholud anyone wish to quote me on it with sigs etc then please do and laugh till your heart's content. I am totally positive of these, it's plain to as day.

Chubear said:

The PS3 is poised to over take the 360 by the end of this year obviously and will certainly over take the wii by the end of 2009.

You should really play less video games and attend the math class more. Then you will realize how stupid your statement sounds.

Other than that, I pray for PS3 to increase in sales and quality because I plan to buy one soon.