By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: 10million, 4 months b4 360's 10million

Oh, I see the threads garnered some interest, great.
Now let me clarify some things.

When I say beat out the 360 or beat out the wii what I mean is at the end of Dec. 08 (but I go by fiscal years so Mar. 09 for me) when you look at the fiscal years of both consoles, the PS3 would be clearly seen to have outright slaughtered the 360.

Will it have surpassed the 360 in total sales by Dec 08? Maybe, maybe not. I how ever believe it will but the main focus should be/will be on how they've done for their respective fiscal years.
Hey, if by Dec 08 the 360 is 1mill or so ahead of the PS3, one would have to be an utter fool not to see that the 360's been beat.

The same holds for the wii/PS3 match up for the fiscal year of 2009.

You'll see what I mean. All these people that think the wii's won and it'll leave the PS3 in it's dust will come up with the same lame excuses why the PS3 & wii are virtually neck and neck in Dec 09 with the PS3 blasting past it by the end of 2010

Around the Network
Chubear said:

When I say beat out the 360 or beat out the wii what I mean is at the end of Dec. 08 (but I go by fiscal years so Mar. 09 for me) when you look at the fiscal years of both consoles, the PS3 would be clearly seen to have outright slaughtered the 360.

Will it have surpassed the 360 in total sales by Dec 08? Maybe, maybe not. I how ever believe it will but the main focus should be/will be on how they've done for their respective fiscal years.
Hey, if by Dec 08 the 360 is 1mill or so ahead of the PS3, one would have to be an utter fool not to see that the 360's been beat.

You'll see what I mean. All these people that think the wii's won and it'll leave the PS3 in it's dust will come up with the same lame excuses why the PS3 & wii are virtually neck and neck in Dec 09 with the PS3 blasting past it by the end of 2010

thats cause the ps3 had 2 christmases in its first year, the 360 had one, corret?

and im oretty sure the wii would have sold 40 million in its first year if there was enough of them, the ps3, there are too many of them, they just sit on the shelves. 

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

zeldaspimp69 said:

thats cause the ps3 had 2 christmases in its first year, the 360 had one, corret?

and im oretty sure the wii would have sold 40 million in its first year if there was enough of them, the ps3, there are too many of them, they just sit on the shelves. 

yeah... s-u-r-e, OK. :/

zeldaspimp69 said:
Chubear said:

IIRC the PS3 was supply restricted during it's "first christmas" so you can't really use holiday boosts as an excuse.

Um... Didn't 360 come out in november '05 when ps3 came out in november '06 and then march '07 in others?

360 had the advantage of having no compitition and having a world wide release. Ps3 sold it in less months than 360 with the same release month

Around the Network

How the hell can a product have 2 christmases in one year? That does not happen where I come from...
As far as I recall, the 360 launched in Nov 05, while the PS3 and the Wii launched in Nov 06, with the PS3 unavailable in Eu/others until Mar 07.
Either way, there's just no way you can fit 2 christmases into one year, you'll have to specify so we'll understand you on this one.

Bottom line is; the PS3 has had no advantages what so ever besides having 2 successful ancestors. Aside from that it has had everything against it; bad PR, high price, main competitor a year ahead and blistering success of Ninty with under half the launch price, BluRay getting dissed in global media and all over the web and a staggered launch where they could not even supply their best historical territory until 4 months later.

Vertigo-X said:
This thread fails.

Actually this thread succeeded tremendously, thanks for posting your opinion though. :)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Even at more $ and no huge hits and stiff competition PS3 is selling at a far superior rate then 360, wow thats bad for the box.

I'msurprised the mods aren't all over this thread.

There's so many fanboys and flamebaiting from boths sides.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

makingmusic476 said:
Mummelmann said:
Lareves said:
i didnt read most of the posts,, but heres my take

the 360 was basicly sold in 2 major markets (NA, Others)

and the ps3 was sold in 3 major markets (JPN, NA, and Others)

So congrats on selling more faster when you have a few million more people concidering your product

You flipped the it the wrong way, the 360 had a ww launch, while PS3 was only available in NA and Japan for 4 months, which makes this feat almost incredible, especially if you add the PS3's ludicrous launch price to the tally.

Fixed. :P

the ps3 was only in 2/3 moarkets cause thats all they had.

and how can the 360 be failing when its outselling the ps3 by 8 million units?

and when GTA4 and other major releases com out, if they Just want that gmaes, they will get a 360,

280$, hd cables included, around 10 free games (8 are xbox arcade)

so the 360 will make a comback with exclusive relesas, the ps3 just has FF, resistance 2 and... nothing, not even backward compatibility, so remind me, whos system is dommed? 

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!