By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what 1 game will you rate 10/10?

Call of Duty Ghosts.

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2

The original Soul Calibur in DC.

The Last of Us
Valkyria Chronicles

aviggo77 said:
cantaim said:
The wonderful 101

da faq?!

why not ? I would give Brothers A Tale of Two Sons only a 6/10, so I think his choice is even more reasonable than yours.

OT: Half-Life 2, Fallout 3 and Skyrim at the very least.

Around the Network

X-COM UFO Enemy Unknown (The original 1994, Julian Gollop / Mythos Games version). Pure gaming bliss!

halil23 said:
God of War 3.
And as for Indies, Guacamelee! (OP avatar)

you got me

Jet Set Radio

Mind blowing art direction. Such a unique premise, so well filled out and realised. Very intense yet satisfying gameplay. The perfect game for me.

Also Transport Tycoon (original PC, not iOS/Android remake). Just the right amount of depth to the simulation where you have enough control without being ridiculous like most modern sim titles are.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

If I'm allowed to go back in time, Super Mario Bros. 3. It was (and is) gaming perfection. There is not a single real flaw the game has that I can think of, and for it's time it was massive and utterly stuffed with content.

Outside of that? Maybe Final Fantasy IV. To me, that is still the apex of great "jrpg" style gaming. Again, I can't really think of a single flaw the game had, epic soundtrack, great story, great characters, great system (only FF game to have five person parties), great pixel graphics that still hold up today despite their age. Again, for it's time, a fairly enormous game. And while I love other later Square games, I still think they outdid themselves with their first SNES entry.

I could honestly say the same thing for Street Fighter II as well. To this day, I don't think I've ever played a more complete fighting game, that got any closer to "perfect" than that. Not even Super SFII, I'm talking just the original game, or perhaps Championship Edition because of the playable bosses.

Any MODERN games I'd give that kind of nod to? I was rather partial to Twilight Princess, though I'd really have to think about giving it a 10/10. I think, between the two, Mario Galaxy 1 deserved a perfect score over 2, and I thought it was kind of absurd that outlets like IGN gave 2 the perfect score. I didn't find it to be a "better" game on any level. Yoshi or not, the game, while not BAD, simply felt like another Lost Levels to me, and I thought all around the level design and power ups of the first game were just better, it was better total package to me.

i would rate valkyria cronicles and dark souls 10/10 last gen. but note there are still some "games" from previous generations that go way beyond that scale because they're much more than just games to me.