By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could The Vita Ever Catch The 3DS?

WIth a exclusive Pokemon, yes

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
sabastian said:
NO.......
I own a Vita and love it. I would never purchase a 3DS, screen quality is not as good as the Vita and the games on the Vita are more suited to me.
But Sony should be very happy with Digital Vita sales as well as knowing that the psp sold around 80 million units, so the Vita should sell around that in its cycle.......

Sony would be very happy if Vita manage to sell 25mil

Click HERE and be happy 

If they bundled it for free with every PS4 maybe.

No lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

sabastian said:
NO.......
I own a Vita and love it. I would never purchase a 3DS, screen quality is not as good as the Vita and the games on the Vita are more suited to me.
But Sony should be very happy with Digital Vita sales as well as knowing that the psp sold around 80 million units, so the Vita should sell around that in its cycle.......

Time for a random question. I'm asking you in partiuclar, since you are using the PSP as a guide, but I welcome anyone's answers.

Why do you think the PSP sold 80 million units? What I mean is, was it the hardware, multimedia, Monster Hunter, etc. Why did it do better than any other non-Nintendo handheld ever.

I have my own personal guesses, but I want to know what you think. Because depending on the answer you give, my little faith in the VIta could be reinforced or demolished.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
sabastian said:
NO.......

Time for a random question. I'm asking you in partiuclar, since you are using the PSP as a guide, but I welcome anyone's answers.

Why do you think the PSP sold 80 million units? What I mean is, was it the hardware, multimedia, Monster Hunter, etc. Why did it do better than any other non-Nintendo handheld ever.

I have my own personal guesses, but I want to know what you think. Because depending on the answer you give, my little faith in the VIta could be reinforced or demolished.

PSP had exclusives MonHun for Japan, then Sony release a exclusive Gran Turismo and took over Europe, after that it had GTA to USA/rest of the world. 3 games that we, probably, will never see on Vita.

Click HERE and be happy 

Yes, it will pass the 3ds.... The 3ds peaked, and has basically stopped selling. Third parties are already making all of their games on vita, and skipping 3ds. The vita is WAY up in Japan and the 3ds is WAY down. So at their current rates, I'd say around the year 2055 for the vita to pass the 3ds.

It doesnt have a chance, but if it did, it would be nice to see more big third party developers coming for a piece of the software sales pie

No.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't think it can ever happen. The only remotely plausible scenario is some indie blows up like Minecraft. Sony just isn't putting enough effort into convincing developers to make exclusive content for the device. Or even their own studios for that matter. If the million of one of the buggiest AC sold in about a year isn't enough to keep the content on the platform then I doubt the sales of any Vita title would be a success to the larger publishers. Meaning we simply wont get the big name franchises needed for the platform to succeed.