By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could The Vita Ever Catch The 3DS?

Maybe if Nintendo abandoned the 3DS today then, no.

Around the Network

Hell no the gap is too much

lt_dan_27 said:
Nintentacle said:
Can PS2 catch GBA?

I don't get how this is comparable since the ps2 sold almost twice as much as the GBA... 

But no, I don't think that the vita will catch the 3ds. Is it possible? Technically, but I'm also doubting that I'll get struck by lightning tomorrow. Sony should be going for 30m, but even that's not likely. 

Watch Nintendo's E3 2004 conference.

Aerys said:

Call me crasy(sorry missing letter) but Vita will catch the 3DS and will sell much better.

You would like to know why ?

Simply because Vita will last forever ( i mean for 2 generations), it's the final sony handheld so sony will keep it alive as long as dev will make games for it, and since i doubt the 4DS will be more powerful, Vita will compete against it.
I tell you, Vita will become the cult handheld for 10 years.

So, crasy ?

Yes Crazy. Nintendo needs to abandon 3DS right now to Vita dream with its sales

Click HERE and be happy 

Nintentacle said:
lt_dan_27 said:
Nintentacle said:
Can PS2 catch GBA?

I don't get how this is comparable since the ps2 sold almost twice as much as the GBA... 

But no, I don't think that the vita will catch the 3ds. Is it possible? Technically, but I'm also doubting that I'll get struck by lightning tomorrow. Sony should be going for 30m, but even that's not likely. 

how will it make it not a stupid analogy. 

Around the Network

I will say once more, its doubtful but it depends on how long Sony will support the Vita. Sony is basically one generation ahead of Nintendo in terms of portable gaming power. They can definitly have the Vita drag for 2 generations. This and the 3DS sucessor.

Actually i think that would be the best thing to do for them There isnt much point in making a sucessor without the Vita somehow becoming a sucess.

Not a chance. Sony could drop the price of Vita to 99 and I still don't think anyone would buy it.

It's too late for the vita

lt_dan_27 said:
Nintentacle said:
lt_dan_27 said:
Nintentacle said:
Can PS2 catch GBA?

how will it make it not a stupid analogy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59gY8iJ4DWw

18:32 - 18:54

Well Nintendo could give Sony their rights to Pokémon, Mario and Monster Hunter.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046