By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest EDGE reviews in, Donkey Kong scores a 7

A 7 is good for Edge's standards I guess. The game will meta 85+ easily, I'm buying it with wii u soon :D

Around the Network

Game like Octodad are hard to score. I mean the awkward controls are actually the whole point of the game.

osed125 said:
Samus Aran said:

Bigger in terms of what? Mario probably makes more money than all these games combined. More people will also know Mario than those 3 games. 

If Nintendo released free IOS games they'd destroy Angry Birds. 

The Candy Crush guys make ~700k a day. Before taking it down, the Flappy Bird guy made ~50k a day. Can't remember how much money the Angry Bird guys are making, but is a lot.

Angry Birds has been downloaded 1.7 billion times, and as of November 2013 Candy Crush has been downloaded 500 million times.

Both Angry Birds and Candy Crush have a lot of merchandise outside of their games, be it toys, board games, shirts, etc, etc

So Angry Birds and Candy Crush are bigger in both how much money they make and popularity.

Geez your numbers are old

Angry Birds has been downloaded over 2 billion times as of January 2014

Barozi said:
osed125 said:

The Candy Crush guys make ~700k a day. Before taking it down, the Flappy Bird guy made ~50k a day. Can't remember how much money the Angry Bird guys are making, but is a lot.

Angry Birds has been downloaded 1.7 billion times, and as of November 2013 Candy Crush has been downloaded 500 million times.

Both Angry Birds and Candy Crush have a lot of merchandise outside of their games, be it toys, board games, shirts, etc, etc

So Angry Birds and Candy Crush are bigger in both how much money they make and popularity.

Geez your numbers are old

Angry Birds has been downloaded over 2 billion times as of January 2014

I was too lazy too look for the newest numbers

Nintendo and PC gamer

Somini said:

This month’s EDGE review scores are as follows:

Banner Saga – 8
Broken Age – 8
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 – 4
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 7
Jazzpunk – 9
Nidhogg – 9
Octodad: Dadliest Catch – 5
The Castle Doctrine – 6

http://nintendoeverything.com/edge-264-review-scores/

i own a ps4 and not a wii u but this game is the game that will make me purchase the wii u. The songs/calming gameplay reminds me of the old crashbandicoot and will come in use after a rage enduced cod session. Hopefully they release a bundle in the UK at a reasonable price can't wait for this :)

Around the Network

How in god's earth did Castlevania score a 4 ??????

Somini said:
PlayMatt said:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 7
WOW this just can't be real! Quite a flop score for DK IMO

Yes. No chance of 90+ meta now!!

Also i didn't expect Castlevania 2 to be any good, but a 4 is terrible :S

Kinda like how Gamespot's 7.5 score stopped Skyward Sword from having a 93 on metacritic? Besides, they  gave Returns a 7/10 as well.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If I ever do buy a Wii U I'll be buying Tropical Freeze but looking at the footage I see very little that makes it stand out from the other Donkey Kong Country games outside of Donkey Kong 64. I would love to see a return to the open world of that game with elements of Tomb Raider or Uncharted.

^

Also valid face for the DK score.

Somini said:
torok said:
Somini said:

Also i didn't expect Castlevania 2 to be any good, but a 4 is terrible :S

Why? I enjoyed the first one.

As did i, but i hated the demo for the second one. You can download it already, if you haven't tried it by now.

I can't play the demo, so I'm curious what didn't you like about it? I thought the game looked really good, I really enjoyed the first one. So I'm confused at how Mercury Steam could get it so wrong this time.