By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest EDGE reviews in, Donkey Kong scores a 7

xJustex said:

I think you're confused. Lords of Shadow 2 is 3D like the first Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fates is the 2D one which came out a year ago. 

I tried the Lords of Shadow 2 demo. Unless there's some disastrously designed levels ahead or the story is just horrible, I'm not sure I see how Lords of Shadow deserves a 4. The combat, mechanic, controls, etc. play pretty much the same as the first one and are just as solid(tight and responsive) and the controllable camera is nice but doesn't add a crazy difference, it is nice to see the level design though.

Thats what it seemed like to me. How can it score so low when its simply a continuation of the same mechanics as the first game, only with refinements.

I think the issue might well be the transition into a modern day setting, which I believe has not been met with a faviourable response. Personally I'm just shocked it could score so low, Mercury Steam seemed really ahead of the game, so I don't understand how they could get it so wrong.

Love that avatar by the way.

Around the Network

I was always pretty sure TF would get a metascore in the 8s. I hoped for better but didn't really believe it.

isn't 7 normal and maybe 4 is normalish for CLoS2 for edge ,its probably a 5

haven't read an edge for quite a while though

Above & Beyond