By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest EDGE reviews in, Donkey Kong scores a 7

Somini somini, you berate the Wii U daily.. is ps4 that boring?

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
snyps said:

Attacking the OP AND a comment full of assumptions i see! What a delight you are. I don't have a PS4 and i'm not the owner of EDGE.

Oh you don't want to see this? Quick, close the topic and pretend it doesn't exist ;)

Somini said:
snyps said:

Attacking the OP AND a comment full of assumptions i see! What a delight you are. I don't have a PS4 and i'm not the owner of EDGE.

Oh you don't want to see this? Quick, close the topic and pretend it doesn't exist ;)

i've been a member long enough to know you berate the Wii U daily.  Go buy a ps4.

wolfofthepack said:
don't care wa score DK possible gets cause I have played every single one and each 1 blowed my mind !

How did it blow your mind?  What happened that was so amazing you couldn't believe it?

These are the scores that affect hardcore purchase but the casual crowd could care less. This score makes me feel like waiting for a price drop now

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
These are the scores that affect hardcore purchase but the casual crowd could care less. This score makes me feel like waiting for a price drop now

They gave Returns the same score. Just saying.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash on a mediocre game and review matter in that respect

i am willing to wait for a price drop if more reviews are lower

A203D said:
Somini said:
torok said:
Somini said:

Also i didn't expect Castlevania 2 to be any good, but a 4 is terrible :S

Why? I enjoyed the first one.

As did i, but i hated the demo for the second one. You can download it already, if you haven't tried it by now.

I can't play the demo, so I'm curious what didn't you like about it? I thought the game looked really good, I really enjoyed the first one. So I'm confused at how Mercury Steam could get it so wrong this time.

The combat didn't feel engaging to me at all. And they've changed it to a 2D sidescroller now!!!

Somini said:
A203D said:
Somini said:
torok said:
Somini said:

As did i, but i hated the demo for the second one. You can download it already, if you haven't tried it by now.

I can't play the demo, so I'm curious what didn't you like about it? I thought the game looked really good, I really enjoyed the first one. So I'm confused at how Mercury Steam could get it so wrong this time.

The combat didn't feel engaging to me at all. And they've changed it to a 2D sidescroller now!!!

I think you're confused. Lords of Shadow 2 is 3D like the first Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fates is the 2D one which came out a year ago. 

I tried the Lords of Shadow 2 demo. Unless there's some disastrously designed levels ahead or the story is just horrible, I'm not sure I see how Lords of Shadow deserves a 4. The combat, mechanic, controls, etc. play pretty much the same as the first one and are just as solid(tight and responsive) and the controllable camera is nice but doesn't add a crazy difference, it is nice to see the level design though.

xJustex said:
Somini said:
A203D said:
Somini said:
torok said:
Somini said:

I think you're confused. Lords of Shadow 2 is 3D like the first Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fates is the 2D one which came out a year ago. 

I tried the Lords of Shadow 2 demo. Unless there's some disastrously designed levels ahead or the story is just horrible, I'm not sure I see how Lords of Shadow deserves a 4. The combat, mechanic, controls, etc. play pretty much the same as the first one and are just as solid(tight and responsive) and the controllable camera is nice but doesn't add a crazy difference, it is nice to see the level design though.

Pffff i checked my download history and you're right!!!!!!! Pff what the hell. Why is such an old game getting a demo so late!! I''ll try the real demo next time, see if it's good as i like the first so maybe there is still hope.