By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - January 2014

Mummelmann said:
Dammit, I thought I was special! My mom always said I was, that bitch lied to my face.

Well, you are still the longest active and ban free member of the site.

nvm, TruckOSaurus is. Muahahaha!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Dammit, I thought I was special! My mom always said I was, that bitch lied to my face.

Who's your daddy now!?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JEMC said:
Mummelmann said:

Well, you are still the longest active and ban free member of the site.

nvm, TruckOSaurus is. Muahahaha!

Haha, beaten by the man!

kirby007: TruckOSaurus?...

Sooooo I already mailed TruckOSaurus about kowenicki's recent ban.

Its got me thinking.

Are you now giving out bans for strong worded replies to ignorance? Threads original OP had ignorant people laughing and joking about it and the first post in the thread is someone posting "lulz".

Is he reaaaally in the wrong for mocking these people?

The 2nd moderated post is essentially a moderation for telling someone to educate themself on the topic at hand...

I wanna know the communities/ other mods thoughts.

Serious_frusting said:
Sorry i tried to edit it but it would not work.

Most of those bans were well deserved.

I really do believe though that twesterm was not only the worst mod, but one of the worst users on this site. I know he helped create that ghost busters game (i purchased it by the way) but we could ever get on. Oh well one of those things.

Is he still around? I hope his matured if so.

Twesterm got laid off from Terminal Reality ( the company he used to work at) a long time ago and seems to be working on a secret project right now. In terms of VGChartz?  The last thing he ever posted was in September so go figure. D21 seems to miss him  a lot though.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Its got me thinking.

Are you now giving out bans for strong worded replies to ignorance? Threads original OP had ignorant people laughing and joking about it and the first post in the thread is someone posting "lulz".

The 2nd moderated post is essentially a moderation for telling someone to educate themself on the topic at hand...

It is kind of funny that Stephen Elop is heading a division with a product he doesn't want under his wing. What's wrong with the lulz?

Jesus, some users really need to shape up. Some people had 3 bans just in January. How many bans are users allowed before they are permabanned?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Jesus, some users really need to shape up. Some people had 3 bans just in January. How many bans are users allowed before they are permabanned?

if you aint flaming or attacking the site? a shitload

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

LurkerJ said:
Carl2291 said:

Its got me thinking.

It is kind of funny that Stephen Elop is heading a division with a product he doesn't want under his wing. What's wrong with the lulz?

The lulz post itself is spam, but it being funny isnt the problem.

kow pointed out that people were laughing and joking about it, saying it in his own way of "jumping up and down clapping". He got moderated for that.

Normchacho said:

Well, users first get a warning for the respective offence ( trolling/flaming/spamming/alts/other), then it goes to bans ( 1-3-5-7-10-14-20-30 days). Sometimes it goes to 45 days or even 60 days, but only if the mods feel like  the user still has a chance to improve his/her behavior. If an user stays a while without getting banned (a number of months) then the user will get either a warning or a weaker ban. 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---