By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - January 2014

kirby007 said:

Old wives tales tell of a moderator so powerfull he banned himself, since that day the sentence "Doing a BenKenobi" has become legend.

So did amp316.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/13806/amp316/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

Old wives tales tell of a moderator so powerfull he banned himself, since that day the sentence "Doing a BenKenobi" has become legend.

So did amp316.

damn i should have clarified it was on accident

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

So did amp316.

damn i should have clarified it was on accident

So now we have "Doing a BenKenobi" for who bans himself by accident, and "Doing an amp" for who bans himself on purpose.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

the first ban i admit was funny, the second was just bullshit tbh. and it was NOT trolling.

Serious_frusting said:
Sorry i tried to edit it but it would not work.

Most of those bans were well deserved.

I really do believe though that twesterm was not only the worst mod, but one of the worst users on this site. I know he helped create that ghost busters game (i purchased it by the way) but we could ever get on. Oh well one of those things.

Is he still around? I hope his matured if so.

You've not been moderated since 2011 tho from the looks of it, either a long break or just learned to take things easy. If it was down to that twesterm guy winding you up? I guess a lot of moderation can happen when 2 users on here clash often then the digs become more heated and moderatable.

As for the ban for the odd use of certain words as insults I personally always report those even if I'm just reading through a thread that I'm not going to reply to myself, really don't like when some people use a term for a certain group of people as an insult.

On taking a look btw that user has last logged in just before Christmas last year but not posted since Sept 2013 so they're about but busy with other things I guess (dat search function up in the top corner rocks :D )

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I wonder how much longer until I get my first ban.

From what I understand the first time you would get moderated would be a warning not a ban, so unless you've encountered one of those you should be safe from a ban, can't imagine you'd break any rules after 3k posts... like... having 2.5mbs of gifs in your sig >:D psone simba dad falling is golden tho to be fair.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

archbrix said:
Might I suggest, in the future, pointing out who the users are who create the permabanned alt accounts? It's just nice to know which users on the forums should be hanging their heads in shame. :D

Agreed. 

Mummelmann said:
Wow, some of those names on that list actually caught me by surprise. Most of them; not so much!

And SmeagsNeedsBaning is awesome!

I'm also noticing more and more things like "XboneSucks" or "ShitStation" type of names popping up, a clear sign that a new generation has started. Long list for January, I'm thinking February won't be much better...

Anfebious; I've never been banned, I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only active members who's never been banned, especially considering how long I've been here. My profile views reflect this as well, I'm not nearly controversial enough!

You're not the only one!

Signature goes here!

Mummelmann said:
Wow, some of those names on that list actually caught me by surprise. Most of them; not so much!

And SmeagsNeedsBaning is awesome!

I'm also noticing more and more things like "XboneSucks" or "ShitStation" type of names popping up, a clear sign that a new generation has started. Long list for January, I'm thinking February won't be much better...

Anfebious; I've never been banned, I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only active members who's never been banned, especially considering how long I've been here. My profile views reflect this as well, I'm not nearly controversial enough!

I've never been banned either  

Although looking back at some of my posts I probably would have banned my back-in-the-day self a time or two. >_<

u 3 are whimps, you aint a underground vgcmember till you had a ban

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.