By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

I bought it yesterday mainly to play Super Mario 3D World (not disappointed) and that's it really but if you love Nintendo franchises then it's a great time to get one.

Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong and others all this year with some decent stuff out all ready. It also supports Wii games and is backed up by Virtual Console (currently only NES and SNES games but others in future). You will find some of the best games ever made here.

Despite the negativity towards Wii U, i'm very impressed with the system although gamepad is strange at first.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Reasons to own a WiiU

rolltide101x said:
prayformojo said:
rolltide101x said:
sundin13 said:
Like I always say in these threads, look up the games list (upcoming and released) and if you like what you see, go for it. Its hard to say no with Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D World, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101

Though I am interested in the Mario series, Zelda, Pikmin, and DK I just can not get myself over the edge. One more price drop may do it. I have (somewhat) buyers remorse over getting a PSVita. I want more Indies!

I think Remote Play to my PS4 along with its Indies collection along with a few AAA games will make it pay off over the next few years.

I'm like you, on the edge. My issue is that I want the Mario/Luigi bundle, and if you know anything about bundles, you know that they're only around for so long. Sooner or later, the bundles are going to either change to something you don't want/like, or they're going to be gone forever. So there's this inner clock inside of me telling me I need to just go splurge now before I regret it, but I just can't do it. Something is holding me back. lol

That is exactly how I feel, I want one and I want to get one but a little voice in my head (probably something Sony implanted in my head) is saying "Do not do it"  lol.

It's probably because it's doing SO poorly. I had a Gamecube, and it's sales are legendary as far as bad goes, but the Wii-U is selling worse. It's so bad, it's approaching Dreamcast territory and while I loved the Dreamcast, and still own and play one, I wouldn't have gotten one in 2000 if I had known that it was going to die so soon. Part of me feels like this may be the first Nintendo console outside of the Virtual Boy to suffer an early demise.

rolltide101x said:
sundin13 said:
Like I always say in these threads, look up the games list (upcoming and released) and if you like what you see, go for it. Its hard to say no with Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D World, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101

Though I am interested in the Mario series, Zelda, Pikmin, and DK I just can not get myself over the edge. One more price drop may do it. I have (somewhat) buyers remorse over getting a PSVita. I want more Indies!

I think Remote Play to my PS4 along with its Indies collection along with a few AAA games will make it pay off over the next few years.

Well if its indies your looking for, Wii U has 'em!

A.N.N.E. (Gamesbymo)
A World of Keflings (NinjaBee)
A Hat In Time (Gears For Breakfast)
Another Castle (Uncade)
Ballpoint Universe (Arachnid)
Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee)
Coaster Crazy Deluxe (Frontier)
Cryamore (Cryamore)
Days of Dawn: Discover The Magic (Bumblebee Games)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid)
Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment)
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee New ‘n’ Tasty(Oddworld Inhabitants)
Pier Solar HD (WaterMelon Co)
Rex Rocket (Castle Pixel)
Rawbots (Alex Rozgo)
Road Redemption (Dark Seas Games)
Scram Kitty & His Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko)
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club)
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party (KnapNok)
Terra Incognita (Back To Basics Gaming)
The 90′s Arcade Racer (Antonis Pelekanos & Nicalis)
Two Brothers (Ackk Studios)
Starbeast
Little Inferno
Armikrog
Hyper Light Drifter
C Wars
Pure Chess

These are just some of the Upcoming/Already Released games on the Wii U eShop with more being added (what seems like) every day from kickstarters and other places.

ktay95 said:

Reasons to own a WiiU

This reminded me Monster Hunter is a game I have always wanted to try on a proper console. Any word on a Monster Hunter coming to the Wii U besides MH3U (I want to play it but would like a newer one too)

Also Hyrule Warriors! I love Dynasty Warriors!!!!!!

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
rolltide101x said:
sundin13 said:

Well if its indies your looking for, Wii U has 'em!

A.N.N.E. (Gamesbymo)
A World of Keflings (NinjaBee)
A Hat In Time (Gears For Breakfast)
Another Castle (Uncade)
Ballpoint Universe (Arachnid)
Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee)
Coaster Crazy Deluxe (Frontier)
Cryamore (Cryamore)
Days of Dawn: Discover The Magic (Bumblebee Games)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid)
Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment)
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee New ‘n’ Tasty(Oddworld Inhabitants)
Pier Solar HD (WaterMelon Co)
Rex Rocket (Castle Pixel)
Rawbots (Alex Rozgo)
Road Redemption (Dark Seas Games)
Scram Kitty & His Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko)
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club)
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party (KnapNok)
Terra Incognita (Back To Basics Gaming)
The 90′s Arcade Racer (Antonis Pelekanos & Nicalis)
Two Brothers (Ackk Studios)
Starbeast
Little Inferno
Armikrog
Hyper Light Drifter
C Wars
Pure Chess

These are just some of the Upcoming/Already Released games on the Wii U eShop with more being added (what seems like) every day from kickstarters and other places.

Many of my favorite games of the past few years have been Indies which proves a console does not need to be the most powerful to make great games. But with that said I love my helping of The Last of Us and Uncharted lol

rolltide101x said:
ktay95 said:

Reasons to own a WiiU

This reminded me Monster Hunter is a game I have always wanted to try on a proper console. Any word on a Monster Hunter coming to the Wii U besides MH3U (I want to play it but would like a newer one too)

MH4U is announced for 3DS coming to the west in early 2015. Theres always hope they port it to WiiU like they did with 3U but who knows with the stuggling WiiU sales

rolltide101x said:
Thanks guys, my GF has been reading the thread (and found a Pokemon game for it) and has decided she wants one so it is pretty much decided we are getting one. This will be my first Nintendo console since the N64 (unless you count a DS I bought for my GF).

For the record the games I am probably getting is
WInd Waker HD and New Super Mario U (and Luigi U).

Awesome, Super Mario 3D World is great! Also, ZombiU is a really good survival horror game. 

Hope you enjoy the system!

Okey doke. *cracks knuckles*

$300 console, $200 cheaper than an Xbox One. Comes with a game regardless of which bundle you choose. Has free online gaming. 100% backwards compatible with all Wii games and controllers (except obviously GC controllers). Already has a pretty solid game library, that is about to grow exponentially, with both a lot of great retail and eShop games coming in 2014.

Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Zombi U, Lego City Undercover, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, DKCR2, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, X, Smash Bros. U, the inevitably amazing Zelda U HD, you name it.

There are plenty of reasons to get a Wii U, and by the time this gen is over, I am willing to bet Wii U will have a really impressive library of games worth owning.

ktay95 said:
rolltide101x said:
ktay95 said:

Reasons to own a WiiU

MH4U is announced for 3DS coming to the west in early 2015. Theres always hope they port it to WiiU like they did with 3U but who knows with the stuggling WiiU sales

Also thanks for posting those Pics. On that list I want to play more than 10

New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World, ZombiU, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Super Luigi U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, "New Zelda",

That is pretty decent and will help me wait for PS4 games. I wonder how I will feel when PS4 gets its gears grinding though?