By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

noname2200 said:
rolltide101x said:

If anyone has any Wii/DS game suggestions I am listening. For the Wii U I will be getting New Super Mario U and Luigi U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, and Pikmin 3 to start off and I will get more over time. Thanks for your help everybody

What genres do the two of you prefer? I'll stay away from 2D platformers, since you'll have your share for now. Some of the better titles that you can't get on other systems are Trauma Team (Wii), a medical simulation game that makes extensive and excellent use of the Wiimote; Elite Beat Agents (DS), a top-tier rhythm game; Xenoblade (Wii) if you're at all into JRPGs; the Ace Attorney games (DS/WiiWare), some really fun and goofy visual novels; Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) if you have a pulse; and House of the Dead/Overkill/LA Machineguns/other Sega lightgun games (Wii), for good ol' fashion arcade shootin'.

Also, regarding the lack of VC Pokemon games, I suspect it's mostly because they can get way more money just remaking them! I don't think any of the mainline games were released in any region. Strangely, most of the spinoffs have likewise been MIA (or else Pokemon Pinball would totally be mine!).

I enjoy 2D and 3D platformers (I want to play 2D Marios more than 3D Marios at the time being though). When I get my Wii U I expect to go on a spending spree. I will probably have 4 or 5 Wii U games and 3 or 4 Wii games before I am done (I will buy new or digital if possible. I like to support devs)

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
the Zelda bundle seems to be the right choice for you, Wind waker HD is amazing
plus you can get now old games for really cheap like AC3, Batman, NFS, ZombiU....
with 400$ you will fill your gaming needs for a loooong time, until MK8 arrives

I intend to buy the Zelda bundle for the cool Zelda artwork lol

This is a serious question. Is 3D World "THAT GOOD"? I am on the fence over purchasing it. How long is it and would it be good for a returning Nintendo user?

Do you want to play fun Nintendo games? In HD? Legally for the first time?

Did i mention the virtual console and backwards compatibility to software of winning console of 7th gen?

Well that's my pitch.

Well, since third party is not an issue for you, and you seem generally interested in the games that Nintendo has to offer, I think purchasing the Wii U would be wise. You mentioned earlier that you liked the NES and SNES Zelda games; well you can buy those on the eShop via the Virtual Console. Also, there are some great games on there already like Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, and The Wonderful 101. The first two are great multiplayer games (Pikmin 3 also has a great single player mode as well) and The Wonderful 101 can be hit or miss, but I personally loved the game (it makes full use of the Wii U GamePad and is really funny, well written, and has possibly one of my favorite game SDTK). there are also a bunch of great games on the way that I think you and your girlfriend could enjoy together or that you could play by yourself (examples include DK, MK8, X, SSB4, Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, and that Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game). Also, I think we're going to see at least two more unannounced Wii U games released this year from Nintendo, but i don't know from what franchise. But seriously the console is great and is really enjoyable, I think you'll like it and the offerings from Nintendo (and a few 3rd parties) definitely justifies the purchase.

P.S. I left a bunch of other great games out like New Super Mario Bros. U (and the DLC), Wind Waker HD, and Rayman: Legends

Around the Network

Yes. You could pour about 25-30 hours into that game and not discover everything. 

Any point to getting New Super Mario Bros (Wii) and New Super Mario Bros U?

get it now

TO have you considered getting a 3DS for your Nintendo games instead? It's a better and cheaper choice at the moment and it already has some of Nintendo's best franchises available on it. Wii U doesn't have any real advantage over it right now.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
TO have you considered getting a 3DS for your Nintendo games instead? It's a better and cheaper choice at the moment and it already has some of Nintendo's best franchises available on it. Wii U doesn't have any real advantage over it right now.