By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

You should buy one because buying a Vita was a grave sin, and there can be no harsher measure of self-punishment than buying a Wii U.

Around the Network

I think the biggest thing that could take me over the edge is truly convincing me that the Wii U gamepad is fun and interesting

If you don't, Nintendo will release another Other M.

padib said:
Super Mario 3D World is a must buy if you have family that you like to play video games with. Wii Sports Club is also a downloadable title that allows online play of the 3 main Wii sports games: tennis, Golf and bowling. Art Academy is a big upgrade to the DS version, and is a downloadable title.

Those are the only game I own so far until Mario Kart and Smash bros, and the eventual Zelda games.

I heard Zombi U, Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101 were good but have not tried them.

You reminded me, one last thing I did not mention. I never owned a Wii so its library could help as well. BUT my Laptop can emulate a Wii very easily

" It is my desire to play Nintendo games"
That should be all the convincing you need. Add to that the games already mentioned in this thread and ZombiU, Lego City Under Cover, the fact that there are several PC indie games on the Wii U as 'console exclusive' and the fact that some multiplats simply play better on the Wii U. For example Rayman Legends has the best version on the Wii U, Ass. Creed III has a feature where the hud and minimap are on the gamepad so that your TV has full screen for the action. Some other games, like Trine 2 and Lego Batman have a local coop feature where one player uses the tv and the other uses the Gamepad, so no splitscreen necessary.

Around the Network

1. It's the best system for platformers
-Super Mario 3D World
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Rayman Legends
-Indies like Runner 2, Edge

2. Your significant other will enjoy it with you.

3. The back catalog of Virtual Console and Wii. Currently loving Earthbound. Backwards compatibility with Wii games and peripherals

4. Graphically superior versions of 360 and PS3 ports

5. Miiverse is probably the most positive online community out there.

6. There's a lot more good games coming. X, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and probably a lot more we don't know about (like a new Zelda)

7. Overall very unique, fun, awesome games.
-Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-The Wonderful 101

Probably not the best system for FPS, but you already have the PS3+4 for that.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

The Wii U plays Wii games, if you missed the Wii Generation, Wii U gives you 2 generations for the price of one.

If you like platformers it is a must.
Nintendo is the place where you can find the best platformers, those games were kings in the 80s and 90s but nowadays first person and third person shooters are kings, and platformers have become rather niche.
With Super Mario 3D World, the new Donkey Kong game that comes out in February, + the Wii U Rayman Legends (it is the best version since it was made with the gamepad in mind), you will have the best 3 platformers of this generation probably.
The New Super Mario U + Luigi U bundle gives you 2 more great platformers, although not as great as the 3 games I mentioned before. (DKTP looks like it will be even better than DKCR)

Then you have the other Nintendo Games, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, the Monolith RPG X, some new Zelda, some new Metroid, perhaps a new Starfox or F Zero, I would like to see a Wii U Fire Emblem after the big success on 3DS.

Welcome to the site! And congratulations on your first thread!

If you are going to use it as a secondary console for Nintendo games then it's worth! There are a lot of games that are going to come but I'm too lazy to list them. I can assure you, if you like Nintendo games then you'll probably like it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

game_on said:
" It is my desire to play Nintendo games"
That should be all the convincing you need. Add to that the games already mentioned in this thread and ZombiU, Lego City Under Cover, the fact that there are several PC indie games on the Wii U as 'console exclusive' and the fact that some multiplats simply play better on the Wii U. For example Rayman Legends has the best version on the Wii U, Ass. Creed III has a feature where the hud and minimap are on the gamepad so that your TV has full screen for the action. Some other games, like Trine 2 and Lego Batman have a local coop feature where one player uses the tv and the other uses the Gamepad, so no splitscreen necessary.

Yes I have a desire to play Nintendo games that is true but I have to pay 250$ for the console and then money on top of that for games (excluding bundle games, which is honestly enticing me a lot) my alterative is buying more PS3, PS4, PSVita games I do not have. This thread is more or less convince me that my 250$ is better spent on a Wii U than on more games for what I have. I am pretty much postive I will be grabbing one in the near future as I really want to play Mario with my GF lol

rolltide101x said:
I think the biggest thing that could take me over the edge is truly convincing me that the Wii U gamepad is fun and interesting

It does make a game better when utilized properly. 

Mass Effect 3- You can map out your partners abilities to touch screen buttons and have them use magic a bit quicker than just using the shoulder buttons. 

Splinter Cell Blacklist- Weapons can be mapped to touchscreens buttons as well making switching weapons and gadgets much quicker and also helps keep track of ammo and inventory

ACIV Black Flag- You can set the entire HUD on the gamepad and have full screen view, other games do this as well. Also the mini map on the gamepad is superior to the mini map on screen. You can zoom in and out and shows more detail in cities.

Resident Evil Revelations- I use both gamepad and pro controller on this game and prefer the gamepad. switching weapons and keeping track of inventory is much easier.

Off tv play is awesome, gamepad screen is 720p, games look great on it. Also you can just use the gamepad as a screen and use your pro controller or wii mote as the main controler input.

Browser on the gamepad is pretty decent too.