By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

Spam-Box-360 said:

3D World, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. + Used Wii U = Solution.

I have never bought a used game console before. lol. How are Mario Kart's these days? I have not played one since the N64.

Around the Network

It's fun. It has great games already, and great-looking games to come. It's not that pricey. Off-TV play is cool.

Those are really the reasons. They were enough to get me to buy the console. Why not? It's 250 and you get a game or games with it depending on your chosen bundle. That makes it essentially a 200 dollar console.

Has a pretty decent library as of now and some awesome games coming out this year. I also have PS3/360 and x1/ps4, I use my Wii U a lot at the moment.

Congrats on your first thread btw.

Honestly, as a Wii U owner, I'd say to wait. Wait until Mario Kart 8 is out. That's the first really system seller in my opinion.

Unless you've never played Wind Waker before. If you haven't, that's the best reason to get a Wii U right now. It's an HD remake of arguably the best video game ever created. If you haven't played that game yet, you owe it to yourself as gamer to play the best version.

But if you already played it, like me, definitely wait for Mario Kart 8. All the other games are things to get AFTER you bought your Wii U with it's system seller. Wind Waker HD or Mario Kart 8.

And don't listen to Super Mario 3D World praise. It's an amazing game and deserves all it's praise, but that's not the reason to buy a Wii U. It's a must have game once you already own one.

rolltide101x said:
Spam-Box-360 said:

3D World, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. + Used Wii U = Solution.

I have never bought a used game console before. lol. How are Mario Kart's these days? I have not played one since the N64.

Mario Kart is Mario Kart. There's been innovations (new things to ride, better graphics and more interactive tracks, more characters) but it'll always essentially be Mario Kart 64. It's fun. Nintendo games are extremely fun. I think this needn't be a tough decision.

Around the Network
impertinence said:
You probably already know what games are out for it and what's coming up, so I will say, the gamepad is cooler than it seems and all the crying about online/graphics/whatever is just that: crying. If you like Nintendo games the Wii U is excellent. And with the dames coming this year it will get progressively more excellent.

Does the Gamepad appeal wear off? Is it used alot in 2D Marios and Zelda? (I know the only Zelda on it is an HD Remake)

If they made a Wii U play 3DS games I would buy it in a heartbeat because I honestly want to play A Link Between Worlds (Link to the Past is one of the greatest games of all time to me) but I can not bring myself to get a 3DS either lol

Well, I suppose that  you could buy a Wii U for games like Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros 4, X, etc.... which are most likely going to be high-quality. The internet browser works really well most of the time even though it acts kinda weird when I try to surf VGChartz on it. Miiverse is also a pretty lulzy place:

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Like I always say in these threads, look up the games list (upcoming and released) and if you like what you see, go for it. Its hard to say no with Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D World, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101 etc...

noname2200 said:
Welcome to the site!

Allow me to make my pitch: I've owned every Nintendo except for the Gameboy, and really thought the Wii was an excellent console. I have not purchased a Wii U, and very likely won't until X comes out. It's going to have even less third-party games than Nintendo's previous three home consoles, and Nintendo's first-party output seems to be slowing this generation. On the other hand, it'll probably still be the best local multiplayer console.

Hope that helps!

If they showed me a new original Zelda and its trailer enticed me I would probably go to the store and buy a Wii U right now lol

sundin13 said:
Like I always say in these threads, look up the games list (upcoming and released) and if you like what you see, go for it. Its hard to say no with Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D World, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101

Though I am interested in the Mario series, Zelda, Pikmin, and DK I just can not get myself over the edge. One more price drop may do it. I have (somewhat) buyers remorse over getting a PSVita. I want more Indies!

I think Remote Play to my PS4 along with its Indies collection along with a few AAA games will make it pay off over the next few years.