By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

So can someone explain this QOL crap? Is it like PS Now? I'm really confused here.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
POE said:
Is there any way to watch this live?

It's an investor meeting, not Nintendo Direct. 

I know but maybe there was a way

DID NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCE NEW HARDWARE WTF

Fusioncode said:
So can someone explain this QOL crap? Is it like PS Now? I'm really confused here.

Sounds like something like Wii Fit, except an entire platform based around that. lol. 

POE said:
Fusioncode said:
POE said:
Is there any way to watch this live?

It's an investor meeting, not Nintendo Direct. 

I know but maybe there was a way

Not unless someone snuck in a camera. 

Around the Network

Makes sense with their health push, guess Nintendo is looking beyond gaming so that it can have something to fall back on when hard times occur.

Even though they have been around since 1889 gaming has only come in the last 30 years, they may see it as a window that is closing.

Sounds like Nintendo is getting into the health/fitness business full stop. Like that's going to be a new business side for them.

"Quality of life" platform will launch in April 2015. Sounds like this is their next big play. 

Soundwave said:
Fusioncode said:

Sounds like something like Wii Fit, except an entire platform based around that. lol. 

Have they seen the sales for Wii Fit U? The fitness genre is effectively dead.

Wearables are not unique (like tablets) they have already been established with the likes of the nike band and my galaxy note 3

Train wreck said:
Makes sense with their health push, guess Nintendo is looking beyond gaming so that it can have something to fall back on when hard times occur.

Even though they have been around since 1889 gaming has only come in the last 30 years, they may see it as a window that is closing.

True, although the entire company has refocused around it to the point that the memory of non-gaming Nintendo is likely dead and gone.

The vitality sensor was a brilliant idea in its time, but the trouble is making the product really stand out. Biofeedback gaming floats around (the university i'm getting my grad degree at just opened a new anti-stress center that includes biofeedback games), but like motion gaming pre-Wii, is seen really as a niche gimmick. Nintendo has the talent to push beyond that, if they keep their eye on the prize.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.