By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

Nintendo may not be releasing its popular franchise on other platforms, but Mr. Iwata says the company will license Nintendo game character rights to new partners.

Around the Network

the hell nintendo. truly truly truly outrageous

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

magoghm said:
Nintendo may not be releasing its popular franchise on other platforms, but Mr. Iwata says the company will license Nintendo game character rights to new partners.

Like what? Mario appears in Happy Meals? Yeah that will drum up business alright. That guy needs to be sacked. What a cowardly presentation. 

magoghm said:

That doesn't sound good...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

magoghm said:

So more games like Hyrule Warriors. Might not be a bad idea. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Mr. Iwata now going into how Nintendo is going to expand into new fields. He looks back the past 10 years of his tenure, saying he’s had some success in expanding the gamer population by bringing Wii and DS to people who may not have played games in the past before.

Mr. Iwata now going into how Nintendo is going to expand into new fields. He looks back the past 10 years of his tenure, saying he’s had some success in expanding the gamer population by bringing Wii and DS to people who may not have played games in the past before.

Soundwave said:
ninetailschris said:
NFC is a smart move. The swap force market is very strong on wii hardware. Building a market on that on wii u will help move some of these people on the new system. I fill if they rename the console the system will gain some of the kid market and casual.

I'm not sure if its gonna fly though. Pay $300 for a Wii U just to buy Nintendo toys 

Or ....

Pay $50-$60 for a Skylanders/Disney Infinite starter pak for your kid's 360/PS3/Wii ... 

I dunno. I think a lot of parents will choose the latter, kids will be happy either way. 

Or buy a system that has many games in this area. You are looking at from that a kid would want on series only with certain toys. Unlike what you are arguing in reality most kids like to play with variety of toys. It's like saying why buy a toy store if walmart makes toys and other stuff? Because you can make your own nichi and make a profit from it. Nintendo doesn't need to sell 10 million to make a huge profit. Swap force steels 2-3 million and makes hundreds of millions of dollars. Now tell me, why they wouldn't do that? The problem with most people here is they think if the wii u doesn't get some crazy hardcore 100 console pusher with a budget of a billion than it's a fail idea. The reality is not everyone does that in order to make good profit. 

The game is to make profit and not impressive Internet forum with console sales.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Fusioncode said:
magoghm said:

So more games like Hyrule Warriors. Might not be a bad idea. 

my thoughts exactly

Soundwave said:
Vinniegambini said:
Iwata's wants to change the definition of platform, previously it's been devices based, 3ds and WiiU are not compatible and users separate

Unified platform future incoming. 

I doubt it. In one of the recent quote, he said something along the lines of: we'll have X service for all future home consoles and handhelds. That pretty much confirmed that there is atleast 1 more generation of consoles and handhelds in the works atm.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M