By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

Nintendo is launching Mario Kart 8 in May. Mr. Iwata says he’ll make sure this won’t be just a one-off boost in momentum.

Around the Network

It doesn't make sense for us not to do business in smart devices, want to establish connection to users to drive to own devices

Nintendo Network ID is important, also used for future handheld and console, now include smart device, not put Nintendo game on smartphene

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

osed125 said:
Anfebious said:
AwakeandAlive said:
WiiU game pad needs titles to take advantage of pad, is company's highest priority, will reveal nfc titles at E3, plan highspeed startup

E3 HYPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"will reveal nfc titles"... what is nfc?

Near Field Communication.

It means you can interact with specific objects to make stuff happens. Think about Skylanders toys but without the need of an extra USB port that goes into the console, you can use the gamepad and have the same result. 

Advanced NFC, for example, lets you buy stuff online uy just putting your credit card on top of device.

So we are going to get Skylander type of games? Well that's actually a good thing, I heard those games are quite profitable!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

mario kart 8 in may? Wtf do we have another drought between donkey kong and kart?

The key question is how is Nintendo going to take advantage of the rise in smartphones and tablets? Investors have long called for its titles to be released on non-Nintendo platforms. Mr. Iwata says Nintendo will “actively” use smart devices to “make connections with customers.” That is, they’ll use smart devices as a catalyst to encourage customers to use its Nintendo platforms. Short answer, he’s not going to release Nintendo’s titles on other platforms.

Won't optimise software for smart devices, thinking of launching service sometime this year, an on demand service

Won't optimise software for smart devices, thinking of launching service sometime this year, an on demand service

benji232 said:
thismeintiel said:
Well, it looks like VGC is pretty spot on with Wii U tracking, with it having ~460K on shelves. Same goes for 3DS, with ~940K on shelves.

SM3DW is definitely overtracked, however. Nintendo has it at just over 1M shipped, while VGC has it at 1.5M sold through. So, it's at least 600K overtracked. On the plus side, Pokemon looks to be undertracked.

Nope, they shipped 1.94m copies for SM3DW. That's what you get for called overtracked prematurely :D. lol.

Lol. Not entirely my fault, though. Before they had just said over 1M, so I figured it was barely over. They should have said almost 2M. Bastards.

Anyway, looks like VGC is probably spot on.