By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

Only problem with licensing their characters out is they're going to have trouble with quality standards. We could have another game like the Zelda CGi titles.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

What’s Mr. Iwata going to focus on for the next 10 years? The main theme: enhancing the quality of life through entertainment. The key word is health, Mr. Iwata says. Citing a flood of wearable devices already on the market, he says Nintendo is trying out something completely new: non-wearables to monitor your health.

Fusioncode said:

Only problem with licensing their characters out is they're going to have trouble with quality standards. We could have another game like the Zelda CGi titles.

That would be nasty...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

thismeintiel said:
benji232 said:
thismeintiel said:
Well, it looks like VGC is pretty spot on with Wii U tracking, with it having ~460K on shelves. Same goes for 3DS, with ~940K on shelves.

SM3DW is definitely overtracked, however. Nintendo has it at just over 1M shipped, while VGC has it at 1.5M sold through. So, it's at least 600K overtracked. On the plus side, Pokemon looks to be undertracked.

Nope, they shipped 1.94m copies for SM3DW. That's what you get for called overtracked prematurely :D. lol.

Lol. Not entirely my fault, though. Before they had just said over 1M, so I figured it was barely over. They should have said almost 2M. Bastards.

Anyway, looks like VGC is probably spot on.

Yea, it is odd. why would they try giving the impression to their investors that the game sold a lot less then it actually did is very weird.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

magoghm said:
What’s Mr. Iwata going to focus on for the next 10 years? The main theme: enhancing the quality of life through entertainment. The key word is health, Mr. Iwata says. Citing a flood of wearable devices already on the market, he says Nintendo is trying out something completely new: non-wearables to monitor your health.

VITALITY SENSOR!!!!

Around the Network

They need to expand to movies or tv shows to expose the product more to the mass.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Is there any way to watch this live?

So new "Quality of Life" platform rolling out in spring 2015. wtf. Doesn't sound like it's very gamer centric.

i don't understand this quality of life mumble jumble :(

POE said:
Is there any way to watch this live?

It's an investor meeting, not Nintendo Direct. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!