By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

For those of you wondering what non-wearables are, Nintendo will unveil the details of its new business during 2014 and launch it for the fiscal year through March 2016. Mr. Iwata’s speech is now over. And now the Q&A session is starting.

Around the Network

I thought they said the devices are non-wearables.

Anfebious said:
AwakeandAlive said:
WiiU game pad needs titles to take advantage of pad, is company's highest priority, will reveal nfc titles at E3, plan highspeed startup

E3 HYPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"will reveal nfc titles"... what is nfc?

The gamepad is here to stay I'm afriad :(

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Okasan Securities analyst is asking for details on the new service apps for smart devices and on capital spending plans.

To that question, Mr. Iwata says he’s not aiming for short term revenue boost but the service app is aimed at building a bridge with customers and bringing more information on Nintendo. But he admits it’s hard for people to use the apps on a regular basis if it’s just for marketing purpose.

Mr. Iwata says the big boost in capital spending plan is for Nintendo to tackle areas that it’s not good with. So where is Nintendo’s soft spot? That’s a secret, Mr. Iwata says with a grin.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Train wreck said:

True, although the entire company has refocused around it to the point that the memory of non-gaming Nintendo is likely dead and gone.

The vitality sensor was a brilliant idea in its time, but the trouble is making the product really stand out. Biofeedback gaming floats around (the university i'm getting my grad degree at just opened a new anti-stress center that includes biofeedback games), but like motion gaming pre-Wii, is seen really as a niche gimmick. Nintendo has the talent to push beyond that, if they keep their eye on the prize.

I have a cousin doing tenured research into how old people can best recover from injuries, which includes those devices. It does seem like a growing business area for companies in general to go into, given an ageing population.

It's a huge risk for Nintendo though.

License character IP= will now be more flexible, won't license everything, consider competitiveness or if undermine then not do

Like movies games merchandise? Elaborate so vague

Vinniegambini said:
License character IP= will now be more flexible, won't license everything, consider competitiveness or if undermine then not do

Like movies games merchandise? Elaborate so vague

Mario, DK, and Link in Wreck It Ralph 2. 

Dat Disney $$$. 

Answering another analyst’s question on how the company plans to return to profitability, Mr. Iwata says the DS will be the main driver for profit for the next fiscal year and the firm will focus on more efficient marketing. Expectations also high for two popular games lined up: Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

(I guess Iwata said 3DS, and WSJ reported it a DS)

#NDS Virtual Console coming to #WiiU.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140130/02.html