By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Okay. Let's save this sinking ship.

Phase 1: The new ad campaign. Nintendo has been around since the 80's. A lot of kids have grown into adults with Nintendo. Time to play at their heartstrings. The "Then, Now, and Forever" movement begins. Videos about kids growing up with Nintendo, having the time of their lives, and then playing Nintendo with THEIR kids (like what I do). Also showcasing the evolution of Nintendo franchises like Metroid, Mario, and Zelda. Only on Nintendo.

Phase 2: "Free Games For U" aka "The Legacy movement". For one year, we're releasing one free game per month. A beloved Nintendo classic from Gamecube, Wii, N64, or Super Nes to our loyal fans as a thank you for your support over the years. First game out of the gate? Wave Race Blue Storm (with better controls). Just our way of showing our appreciation to the fans. Don't miss out, though. After a year, it's gone!!

Phase 7:  "The New Rare".  Go on a buying spree for companies that  have a history of making great games but are having financial difficulty.  Capcom Now known as Capcom/ Nintendo), you're on the list.  Street Fighter is Nintendo exclusive now.  Platinum (Now known as "Nintendo Platinum"), we own your asses.  Square Enix (Now known as "N.E.S.")?  Welcome home.  And your franchises will be under scrutiny.  We see you screwing them up, we swoop in and save 'em.

Phase 4: Fire Luigi. Sorry, Mario's brother. We let you have one year to yourself and you fuck everything up. We'll just go back to making Mario wear your clothes like we did in SMB1 and SMW. Nobody will notice. Maybe we'll hire you later. For now, you're collecting unemployment, you asshole.

Phase 5. "New Games For U" Move heaven and earth to get five third parties (not Capcom) to release five "must have" exclusive games for the Wii U. Offer them support, funding, advertising, etc. The ideas must be approved by me. We'll release concept videos at E3 and say their all coming soon. They have features that can only be done with the Wii U gamepad. Like it or not, that pad is the ace in the hole but it has to be played properly.

Phase 6: UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!! Pokemon World Online (Powered by Blizzard). You wanna be the very best like no one ever was? Well the only way to be the best is to beat the best. The MMORPG the world has been waiting for has finally been with a F2P model for one town. Wanna leave that town and be able to Catch 'em all? $5 a month and the world is yours (plus microtransactions) and enhanced Miiverse support.

Now, you're playing with power, bitches.  Oh and, to borrow a quote from the competition, there's just one....more....thing....but I'm not gonna reveal it.  My idea for a game so fucking awesome you'll piss out of your asses and shit out of your dicks.  I've had the idea for years, trapped in this head of mine.  The time has come to let it out.  It's a perfect franchise for Wii U (and actually 3DS and even the fucking Vita).  I'll hang on to it, though.

Around the Network

Please understand, this is no moon.

(By that I mean I'd build a Death Star)

d21lewis said:

Phase 1: The new ad campaign. Nintendo has been around since the 80's. A lot of kids have grown into adults with Nintendo. Time to play at their heartstrings. The "Then, Now, and Forever" movement begins. Videos about kids growing up with Nintendo, having the time of their lives, and then playing Nintendo with THEIR kids (like what I do). Also showcasing the evolution of Nintendo franchises like Metroid, Mario, and Zelda. Only on Nintendo.

Phase 2: "Free Games For U" aka "The Legacy movement". For one year, we're releasing one free game per month. A beloved Nintendo classic from Gamecube, Wii, N64, or Super Nes to our loyal fans as a thank you for your support over the years. First game out of the gate? Wave Race Blue Storm (with better controls). Just our way of showing our appreciation to the fans. Don't miss out, though. After a year, it's gone!!

Phase 4: Fire Luigi. Sorry, Mario's brother. We let you have one year to yourself and you fuck everything up. We'll just go back to making Mario wear your clothes like we did in SMB1 and SMW. Nobody will notice. Maybe we'll hire you later. For now, you're collecting unemployment, you asshole.

Phase 5. "New Games For U" Move heaven and earth to get five third parties (not Capcom) to release five "must have" exclusive games for the Wii U. Offer them support, funding, advertising, etc. The ideas must be approved by me. We'll release concept videos at E3 and say their all coming soon. They have features that can only be done with the Wii U gamepad. Like it or not, that pad is the ace in the hole but it has to be played properly.

Phase 6: UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!! Pokemon World Online (Powered by Blizzard). You wanna be the very best like no one ever was? Well the only way to be the best is to beat the best. The MMORPG the world has been waiting for has finally been with a F2P model for one town. Wanna leave that town and be able to Catch 'em all? $5 a month and the world is yours (plus microtransactions) and enhanced Miiverse support.

Now, you're playing with power, bitches.

pfft no Phase 3, dosent seem very powerful, bitch =P

re market wii u and advertise more. Bundles of donkey kong and mario kart systems. Embrace the west more.

re design, wii U XL game pad is now 10 inches

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

ktay95 said:
d21lewis said:

Now, you're playing with power, bitches.

pfft no Phase 3, dosent seem very powerful, bitch =P

I'll edit it.  Pleas understand.

Around the Network

I've already posted this, but seeing as I'm now Iwata it's not a repost.

10 point plan:

0. As Iwata, I change the rules. Dropping the Wii U and going third party are back on the table. Please understand.

1. Cease all Wii U manufacturing and software development immediately. Stop pumping any more money into this dying machine.

2. Follow up with an immediate Nintendo Direct. Apologise profusely and ask everyone to please understand. 20 free Virtual Console games for all Wii U owners to be made available immediately, with only 1 day to download them before Wii U servers are permanently shut-down.

3. Begin porting over all current Wii U games to Xbox One, PS4, and iOS for some quick cash.

4. Begin development on SuperWiiCube 64 immediately. The first 9th Gen console. To significantly reduce development time to one night, all components will be off-the-shelf. Top of the line components only, to compete with PC (the real next-gen), and a pricing point of only $100.

5. Heavily bribe Third-Party devs to either develop solely for the SuperWiiCube 64, or to at least give timed exclusives.

6. Release the entire retro Nintendo library on iOS to recoup funds (which will be hemorrhaging heavily by now). Maintain a heavy focus on F2P entry with microtransactions for lives and bonuses.

7. During the entire 10 months until the SuperWiiCube 64 release, heavily market the opposition as baby's toys. Compare graphics to "true next-gen" mock-ups using supercomputers. Show off upcoming ultra-violent games, with advanced swearing capabilities and over 10,000 new shades of gritty brown.

8. Release the SuperWiiCube 64 to full fanfare. Pay off celebrities to denounce the opposition and show full allegiance to Nintendo. Hold rock concerts and extremely VIP-only parties in Nintendo's honour. Guests will be served custom Nintendo-branded liquor, which retails at $750 per bottle.

9. Pump out 1 exclusive title per week for the next 5 years like clockwork with continuous propaganda-like advertising all-throughout. They will all learn to love Big Brother. No game shall fall behind on this schedule and will be released regardless of position in development cycle. Patches will be dispensed as necessary, and will be guised as DLC where possible.

10. Announce the SuperWiiCube 128 and denounce the SuperWiiCube 64 as last gen crap.

Moneyhat!

Speak to EA, TakeTwo, Rockstar etc about covering the cost of the port of key games in return for half the profits. Nintendo bears all the risk; they'd be stupid not to accept.

Put a few selected games onto Steam, like the Wonderful 101. Get some more revenue, but more importantly, increase knowledge of Nintendo exclusives to people who may have missed out, without ruining the Mario/Zelda etc brands.

Buy Bioware. Drink the tears of MicroSony fanboys

radishhead said:

You don't have complete free-reign, mind- there are a couple of things that you CANNOT do, even as Iwata (for whatever reason)

1) You can't just abandon the WiiU and release another console.

2) You can't just abandon the console industry altogether and go third party.

So I practically can't do anything to help my company.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KylieDog said:
TomaTito said:

A nice art learning tool with a stylus input? I think people would buy that.
The Gamepad is not limited by portability issues like the 3DS/DS titles,
you have a bigger screen thus it is much better for drawing.

And I would release Big Brain Academy as an eShop game.

If people own a WiiU they may get them, but they will not buy a WiiU to get them.

I think the educational stuff is interesting for the general market and one of the reasons of the DS/Wii success. Don't offer games only and have these things too... but maybe that's just me. It is called the Wii U after all, and taking note from their reveal E3, Wii was meant for everyone and U for the gamer.

They could also release Wii Relax U with that damn vapourware sensor bar.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

d21lewis said:

i would pay any price to play that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.