By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If I was Iwata the first thing I would do is cut my hair to a more pimp hairstyle. Then I would start hanging out with the cool kids! That will probably put me in touch with the market needs.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
question: if nintendo doesn't cater to kids who will?

COD?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This is just a regular day for me since my girlfriend won't have sex with me unless I wear my Iwata mask. So, today I:

- Purchase a controlling stake in Capcom and Square Enix using about 3 billion US$ of the current cash reserves. They are left largely independent and with their own separate identity, but are streamlined and now make only games for Nintendo platforms. FFXV becomes a 2015 Wii U exclusive, Deep Down and RE7 will be highlights of fall 2014. DQXI will be a highlight for 3DS. Mistwalker is hired to lead FFXVI, which will be for the next Nintendo home console. Eidos Montreal and IO are tasked with creating new western ip's in the 1st/3rd person shooter genres. Crystal Dynamics keeps working on Tomb Raider, but Laura gets her big boobs back. DMC gets outsourced to Platinum, while Keiji Inafune is allowed to make Mighty no 9 into a new Mega Man as long as it becomes exclusive to Nintendo platforms with Capcom getting publishing rights.

-Platinum is also given Star Fox to have some fun with.

- A new Nintendo Android Tablet (iPad mini size) is developed for fall 2015. It will be of high quality with specs similar to Wii U. It will have most Android apps available, as well as unique Nintendo apps and much Wii U software will be ported for download or sold on flash memory card. It has physical controls and will be usable with Wii U and a future Nintendo console. It will launch with Mario3DWorld, MK8 and ZeldaU ported, and with a couple unique titles. Priced at $299 with a subscription service to allow for download of free games and online matchmaking at around $29/year. The look and name will be all-new branding, with a very mature look.

-Wii U is re-designed for fall 2014 with a smaller gamepad and a look that matches the upcoming tablet, much how DSLite foreshadowed the look of Wii. The system will continue to be supported with resources gradually moving from 3DS to support Wii U and the Nablet as a unified platform. Games will be released on both through 2016, eventually going Nablet-only. Focus for 2014 is the core gamer with X given AAA promotion status.

-Retro is expanded to develop the next Zelda and a new game set in the metroid universe. The Zelda Retro team is supported by former members of the Zelda EAD team, and some second party studios including possibly Rocksteady which is part-owned by Square-Enix. They are also asked to support the Metroid title, which will have a new look for Samus, mulitplayer and a fresh feel. Zelda will be a completely fresh take on the series. Both games are planned for the next-gen home console.

-The NSMB and Wii- teams are re-organized to develop smaller, cheaper, quick-play titles for Wii U and Nablet. They will be unique ideas or re-imagining of classic titles like Mario Bros, Donkey Kong or Bubble Bobble that are well-suited to Tablet/mobile play or for a nights entertainment. They will be low-cost downloads or free with the subscription service.

-The former Zelda team is reduced (after Zelda U) and given the goal of an all-new adventure title for Wii U and Nablet. It could have some of the spirit of Wind Waker, with the weird characters Eiji Aonuma is known for and a unique art style. But it won't be Zelda and will have unique mechanics, possibly with a touch-screen focus. Aonuma will have freedom without having to please Zelda traditionalists, who will be pleased by Retro's back-to-basics approach.

-EAD Tokyo is assigned a ground breaking Mario title for Next Gen, with the guideline that it must have classic gameplay like SM3DW but an all-new theme (like SMG did) and ground-breaking graphics.

-A new studio is formed in the UK hiring former Rare staff (many are already working on Wii U) who are given free reign to make unique products.

-Shin'en is partnered with to make a next-gen F-Zero.

-A powerful next gen system is developed for launch in fall 2016. It will be 2-4X the power of PS4, use flash cards instead of disks and have a versitile OS that works with the Nablet for unique game experiences. The base controller itself will be a basic dual-analogue Wii Remote hybrid. It will have new branding and style to match the Nablet. The subscription service and online services will be shared with the two devices. Target price of $399. Launch titles include Mario Universe (3D), Final Fantasy XVI by Mistwalker/Square and F-Zero Neo. A high-end 1st person shooter by IO or Eidos Montreal should also be ready for launch, while the new Metroid Universe game would follow in winter along with next gen titles such as a new Left 4 Dead, with Zelda by Retro ready to launch a new Zelda trilogy in Fall 2017.

-Overall, with the much larger resources allowed by the acquisition of Square and Capcom, significant internal Nintendo resources are devoted to smaller download games and the development of better OS and online infrastructure for the new Nablet and home console, and to a lesser extent Wii U. Mario-branded games are reduced, and limited to major release titles such as 3D Mario and MarioKart, and some fun classic style 2D download games. The power and style (and promotion) of the new systems, along with key exclusives in series with passionate fans (Mario, Zelda, Kart, Final Fantasy, RE) should lead to high adoption rates with diverse interests and thus 3rd parties would be forced/motivated to release content on the systems. Capcom and Square would focus on key AAA content while Nintendo's internal teams would produce key AAA system movers and lighter fair for the casual audience, and ensuring that the hardware has everything a prospective owner would want. Retro and Monolith would be treated much as the second parties, given mostly free reign to produce high-end core AAA titles in the action, adventure and RPG genres.

Long post, but it's a good morning to sip tea and day dream.

radishhead said:
YOU are Iwata

What? Well fuck YOU too man!

(you know I'm just kidding right )

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

1. Continue the marketing campaign they started this holiday differentiating the Wii U from the Wii.

2. Have a hard hitting E3 showcasing the titles that the Nintendo faithful want. F-Zero, A real Starfox game, Kid Icarus, A true a Pokemon game with 3DS cross play, The Zelda game we keep seeing in graphics demos, Eternal Darkness sequel, A Proper Metroid.

3. Release graphically updated versions of NES Classics...Duck Hunt, Ice Climber, etc on the E-Shop.

4. Stop the slow release of games on the E-Shop and unleash a flood of SNES, N64, and GameCube games with upscaled graphics.

5. Stop worrying about acquiring indie games... Regardless of what many think, most of them suck or can be played elsewhere.

6. Buy developers or sign exclusivity deals. Capcom, Sega, and Square Enix are ripe for the taking. Sega has a huge back catalog of games that are prime for upgrades/sequels.

7. Fix the online structure and simplify it. Add trophy/ achievement support of some kind. Base it on Ubisofts Uplay which gives you real rewards for your in game accomplishments.

8. Keep the steady stream of software flowing for the 3DS. It is selling well and can help the bottom line while trying to reposition the Wii U.

9. Ditch using Wii remotes for controllers on Wii U games. It makes it seem you are playing an old system. Make the Wii U Pro the default second controller and bundle one with the system.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
radishhead said:
YOU are Iwata

Laughing my ass off!!

Hard to say, but then again: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171393&page=1 I'm not one for repetitious boredom like yourself.

And so the community thrives on being a broken record once more. Pleasant.

ghettoglamour said:
radishhead said:
YOU are Iwata

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I don't know what I would do.

TomaTito said:

A nice art learning tool with a stylus input? I think people would buy that.
The Gamepad is not limited by portability issues like the 3DS/DS titles,
you have a bigger screen thus it is much better for drawing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UDraw_GameTablet