By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm not. You are.

Around the Network

Oh, and the most popular mobile games get eShop releases and absolutely no interference from Nintendo. If they want to release for free, we're even okay with that.

vivster said:
radishhead said:

You don't have complete free-reign, mind- there are a couple of things that you CANNOT do, even as Iwata (for whatever reason)

1) You can't just abandon the WiiU and release another console.

2) You can't just abandon the console industry altogether and go third party.

So I practically can't do anything to help my company.

Iwata would never give up in the face of defeat! Please understand

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Iwata can either destroy all the loyal fanbase (most of who will never come back) by ending wii u support, but perhaps make some profits now that the money draining platform is gone.

Or he can continue supporting the wii u and sinking the company even more in the red.

Going mobile would only be logical if we are talking about pre N64 games, but that means VC will now be useless, so in order to release these games on mobile, they should refund all money and let the players keep the games, or lower the prices and give players eshop credit on the difference

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

radishhead said:
vivster said:
radishhead said:

You don't have complete free-reign, mind- there are a couple of things that you CANNOT do, even as Iwata (for whatever reason)

1) You can't just abandon the WiiU and release another console.

2) You can't just abandon the console industry altogether and go third party.

So I practically can't do anything to help my company.

Iwata would never give up in the face of defeat! Please understand

Iwata is gone. I AM IWATA!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I read somewhere that Nintendo used to have something called the 'Dream Team' that would port third party content which was deemed desirable for their platforms. Not sure if it's true but it's a fantastic idea. No risk to the third party and they still get their royalties.

I'd reinstate/create a new Dream Team and assure the third parties that content would not be touched, only code. It would be a massive team these days though. Code passes through hundreds of people nowadays, not dozens so it would be like creating another major studio. I'd be in talks with Take2, EA, Bethesda, Konami, Sega's 2k division and others trying to get their major IP on my console. No exclusivity deals, just the games.

Also, I'd understand that catering to kids means getting the latest COD and GTA games which gives your console 'street cred' (lol) and so playing Skylanders on it is decidedly more cool for some reason.

Locknuts said:
I read somewhere that Nintendo used to have something called the 'Dream Team' that would port third party content which was deemed desirable for their platforms. Not sure if it's true but it's a fantastic idea. No risk to the third party and they still get their royalties.

I'd reinstate/create a new Dream Team and assure the third parties that content would not be touched, only code. It would be a massive team these days though. Code passes through hundreds of people nowadays, not dozens so it would be like creating another major studio. I'd be in talks with Take2, EA, Bethesda, Konami, Sega's 2k division and others trying to get their major IP on my console. No exclusivity deals, just the games.

Also, I'd understand that catering to kids means getting the latest COD and GTA games which gives your console 'street cred' (lol) and so playing Skylanders on it is decidedly more cool for some reason.

I don't even know how Skylanders works or if it's even a good game.  I was in Gamestop a few weeks ago and this kid was going INSANE for some new Skylander that I guess was coming out the next day.  I never saw anything like it!  I was buying a couple of Vita games and getting ready to leave and the kid was like "Can I just SEE 'EM?!?" and the Gamestop clerk took the kid in the back.  I assume he was never seen again.

- Make tablet portable hybrid that can run down-rezzed Wii U ports, up-rezzed 3DS ports, legacy and VC games, along with Android apps (through your own eShop only). Launch this in 2015. Works on TV with a separate TV dock hardware which runs everything in 1080p. $199.99 for the 5.7 inch tablet, $119.99 for the home dock. This will give your Wii U/3DS games a new userbase to sell to and maximize profit. Release in 2015.

- Purchase the rights to the James Bond game franchise from EON Productions for the next 10 years. Sign Daniel Craig to participate in game production and advertising the Nintendo brand.

- Start tentative work on a new console for a fall 2016 launch, research cost effective hardware options, tailor the machine to Western tastes. Experiment with VR. This will be a different type of console for the enthusiast market, not a family/kids console (the tablet portable hybrid will serve that section of the market).

- Create a revamped Nintendo Network + Nintendo Club, with one account system and more flexible pricing on games. Introduce incentive bonuses for people who pre-order games like Bayonetta 2 and X. 

- Bring back legacy franchises like F-Zero and Star Fox at a lower price point ($29.99 eShop).

- Slash licensing fees for third parties on the Wii U. Encourage indie development.

- Strike a deal with Square-Enix for Final Fantasy VII Remake on all your platforms in exchange for a broad new Nitnendo-Square-Enix cross over RPG series.

- Finance ten Western developed indie projects.

- Expand Retro and NST to be adequetly work on 2 large scale games each at all times.

- Make the Wii U tablet optional. Drop it from the main SKU, bundle NSMBU + Wii Sports Club + Wiimote/Pro Controller Shell for $199.99 by summer 2014. Market the crap outta Mario Kart 8. 

If I am Iwata I step down bc I dont know what the fuck I am doing. And since I love Nintendo I would leave so it can move forward with someone with real vision.

question: if nintendo doesn't cater to kids who will?