By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo do what Sony did next-gen?

Will Nintendo make all the right moves and side with the gamers after the Wii U. Will they make a powerful hardware console at an attractive price?

Around the Network

I think they'll definitely do something different, but I doubt they'll pull a PS4. I think their next console will be at least up to par with the other 2 and will try to stick around the same price as its competition, if not cheaper

The Gamecube was a "powerful hardware console at an attractive price."

The right moves for Sony =/= the right moves for Nintendo.

I don't think they want to go for a console that has the most amount of power... Least not as long as Iwata is still the CEO that is... I think what Nintendo is banking on is trying to come out with something new and "innovative" to make their console sell rather than just trying to please the "hardcore" Sony/MS fans with pure raw power and nothing out of the norm and I think they have every right to think like that as well... Its just their execution that failed hard and it had every right to fail hard cause the execution was so bad...

If the wiiU was just as powerful as the ps4 and costed $400 and didn't have a gamepad, would you really buy a wiiU instead of a ps4? Like really? Would you actually give up games like Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, GT and etc for Mario, Smash, Zelda, X and etc? Probably not cause thats why people choose to go with Sony in the first place

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

DucksUnlimited said:

Exactly. Hardcore gamers abandoned Nintendo years ago.

Nintendo needs to go for another thing like the Wii. I was surprised they thought the Wii U controller would be as popular as the Wiimote.

Around the Network

I don't think so, and honestly I don't think it would work that well for them. I don't really know what they can do in the home console space to compete. They always can try to come up with another gimmick or controller and hope to get lucky like with the Wii, but they may end up with another Wii U instead.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

They've backed themselves into a corner. Their own damn fault really.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

McDonaldsGuy said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Exactly. Hardcore gamers abandoned Nintendo years ago.

Nintendo needs to go for another thing like the Wii. I was surprised they thought the Wii U controller would be as popular as the Wiimote.

And Casual gamers abandoned the Wii for tablets, smartphones and Kinect.

So they would really find a unique thing with a great appeal, that can't be copied in a heartbeat on other platforms.

Its so funny how Sony and Microsoft s "unsustainable business models" have given them a future and how Nintendo's suddenly looking for an escape route. Life.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

No idea. Nintendo doesn't even know what they will do next half the time.