By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo do what Sony did next-gen?

toot1231 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
The Gamecube was a "powerful hardware console at an attractive price."

The right moves for Sony =/= the right moves for Nintendo.

Thats what i dont understand... they tried doing powerful hardware at 99$ you could not beat the gamecube but for some reason the ps2 won.

now everyones saying that the reason nintendo is doing bad is because of hardware.. when clearly its not. its the damn gimmicks

this all of it. the lack of powerful hardware doesnt help, but people really overstate its importance

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Look at it.  The Gamecube looked ridiculous.  I'd be embarrassed to have that thing in my house.  It was the first Nintendo console that I didn't buy. Nintendo needs to get serious.

I don't think hardware appearance determine most peoples' choice in consoles.

The purple GameCube was an eyesore, indeed. The black GameCube looked much better. I bought it 1 year after the EU launch as Metroid Prime bundle.

I even got 50 € back from Nintendo for buying a GBA SP in the same timeframe... sweet deal back then.

toot1231 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Thats what i dont understand... they tried doing powerful hardware at 99$ you could not beat the gamecube but for some reason the ps2 won.

Having nearly 20 million units sold before your competition even launches basically secures you as the default winner for the rest of the generation regardless of the value they offer.

The rEVOLution is not being televised