By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any other Sony fans just excited for when Ps4 overtakes Wii U?

Aerys said:

No, few month before november, even in summer, most people thought Orbis/Durango would sell worse than Wii U because " if even the new Wii doesnt sell, home console industry is dead"

Well that the same things some guys are saying about PS4 Japan launch "PS4 won't sell good there because Japan now is only handhelds... consoles is dead".

Industry is dead only if there is no product that the people wants... if one product people wants is released then industry is fine.

BTW I think the Industry will grow this generation... more sales in less time... Wii U is a exception but I'm sure Nintendo will release a new console in two three years.

Around the Network

no, its like beating up a kid in a wheel chair.

the whole thing with people on sites like this, choosing a side to live and die for while berrating the others like they are enemies, and getting all excited over some fictitious made up war that only these people on these sites care about is absolutely juvenile.

If ya want to call yourselves gamers, then play games.  It shouldn't matter what console they are on and it shouldn't matter if one console sells more or less than the other.  The number of units sold don't make the games played on it any more or less fun to play.  The fact that there are so many options out there and they all sell millions is incredible in of itself.

I'm sorry, but people need to grow up. 

ethomaz said:

Aerys said:

No, few month before november, even in summer, most people thought Orbis/Durango would sell worse than Wii U because " if even the new Wii doesnt sell, home console industry is dead"

Well that the same things some guys are saying about PS4 Japan launch "PS4 won't sell good there because Japan now is only handhelds... consoles is dead".

Industry is dead only if there is no product that the people wants... if one product people wants is released then industry is fine.

BTW I think the Industry will grow this generation... more sales in less time... Wii U is a exception but I'm sure Nintendo will release a new console in two three years.

Indeed, and in fact, home console industry isnt really dead in Japan compared to last generation.

Wii+PS3+360 = 24M

PS2+GC+XB = 27M

I think PS4 will be closer to PS2 sales and will sell more than Wii in Japan.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

About as excited as I'll be when Avatar 2 overtakes John Carter at the box office.

Around the Network

"The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry"-Jack Tretton.

Why does having sales success (like Nintendo with Wii and Sony with PS2 before it) make all these companies too delusional and arrogant? Sony was able to make up for many of the failings of the PS3 initial offering over the course of the consoles life and came into PS4 with a ton of gamer good will.

I hope that Nintendo is able to do similar for Wii U over the course of the consoles life as well.

It does make me feel all tingly inside.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ps3-sales! said:
Turkish said:
Nope, it's gonna be boring because PS4 will dominate the global sales this gen.

I'm not so sure. I think it'll win, but closer than most people think. The Xbone will slowly win by a good margin in the US, and it seems like the Wii U's head start in Japan is going to be hard to overcome. 

No the Xbone will not win by a good margin in the US. It's gonna be very close in the US only, not worldwide. If they tie in the US and UK  globally that would mean the PS4 being ahead by 20-30 million units.

I support Ninty dominating handhelds and keeping a healthy console (40-50m) with Sony doing the reverse. Never gave two craps about Xbox but I guess they can stay there to keep Sony giving me good Plus stuff

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers