By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any other Sony fans just excited for when Ps4 overtakes Wii U?

PlayStation business paid for lots of losses in other divisions during PS1 & PS2. Maybe they could do it again with PS4. I don't see Sony electronics recovering, despite showing some good products they can't compete with Sammy.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:

PlayStation business paid for lots of losses in other divisions during PS1 & PS2. Maybe they could do it again with PS4. I don't see Sony electronics recovering, despite showing some good products they can't compete with Sammy.

Oh well, correct if I'm wrong, the PS of around 102m worldwide right?, And the PS2 155m worldwide. If they can pull an avarage of 100m+ for the PS4 I guess they can. Sorry for my ignorance for now, but I can't certainly say an exact number , they can pull around 90m and sitll would be doing greatly to pay the losses as you said. Now it is up for predictions, do you think it can pull 90m+ ww?. As I said to a guy overthere, it all depends on how they can keep the hype+ announces the games.And also if xbone can do something in the future that can affect ps4's sales, we don't know. For Wii U, it won't affect MUCH the PS4Xbone competition I think, as long they are pulling N64 numbers ( imo).

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Corvo said:
ICStats said:

Oh well, correct if I'm wrong, the PS of around 102m worldwide right?, And the PS2 155m worldwide. If they can pull an avarage of 100m+ for the PS4 I guess they can. Sorry for my ignorance for now, but I can't certainly say an exact number , they can pull around 90m and sitll would be doing greatly to pay the losses as you said. Now it is up for predictions, do you think it can pull 90m+ ww?. As I said to a guy overthere, it all depends on how they can keep the hype+ announces the games.And also if xbone can do something in the future that can affect ps4's sales, we don't know. For Wii U, it won't affect MUCH the PS4Xbone competition I think, as long they are pulling N64 numbers ( imo).

Based on the start yes it looks like PS4 could pass 100M at some point, but it's a very long road.

PS3 has passed 80M right, and it's still going.  So it would need say 25% improvement.  I think it's feasible with launching at a lower price, and not being a year behind Microsoft, and possibly with less Wii effect.  Emerging markets are also growing.

Whereas the PS3 had a lot of problems when it launched, PS4 has few that I can see.  They have reversed the price situation of PS3 vs 360.  They have reversed the position of having the weaker GPU & harder to develop system.  They have much better online play, trophees, chat, etc. from the start.  Sharing is there.  PS Now is maybe ahead of what MS might do.

About the only thing I think they are missing is some network media playback features, but obviously the PS4 can play videos & MP3s... it's just not enabled in the UI yet so it could be at one point.  So overall I think it will beat PS3 sales easy.

My 8th gen collection

I don't care that much about that. I care the most about Sony being better financially. Hopefully the PS4 helps in making that happen.

toastboy must be  very excited for that. He is excited for anything anti-WiiU.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

If things go the way they seem to be going this will be the most boring generation to watch. It was fun with PS3 being the underdog, but always with potential to come from behinds and if not win the generation be the strongest finisher. And it is so delicious being right about momentum way back in 2009, even before the big price cut, when a few of us said that PS3 would finish strongly and carry the most momentum into the next generation. And this was at a time when some people thought Wii would sell 200 million units

And it was amazing to see the 360 lead over PS3 balloon out to almost 10 million units, and have MS fans saying that PS3 would have to outsell 360 by 50,000 per week for 3 years in order to overtake the 360. And that this was an impossibility so 360's second place was assured.

The 7th generation was the most fun generation to watch for sales. But this generation looks decidedly less interesting, and worse still we'll be watching a decline in total sales. So even celebrating a probable PS4 win for the 8th generation seems like a hollow victory.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Why the constant forming of teams? This just didn't exist about 10 years ago. As I think one of the micrsoft bosses said a few days ago, there's a lot of poison we need to remove from this industry.
Stock making imaginary tribes. Stop declaring your allegiance to a game or console that you haven't even played yet. Gamers are so easily turning into brainless sheep that the big 3 can just manipulate with marketing.

Don't have any allegiances. Be ready to change your mind tomorrow about what console to buy if something new happens. That's a far better attitude that will lead to a far healthier industry. Either that or another decade of shooter after shooter.

thismeintiel said:

LMAO! Got to love the whole "my console isn't on top, so I don't care about sales, and those that do are childish." It's a good thing they aren't on a sales site then. And they don't celebrate when their console, or an exclusive for it, does well.

That's funny. I cared far more about the fact that Nintendo rolled out a LOT of great games for DS and Wii last gen, than I ever cared about Nintendo being "back on top". Was it nice? Sure it was. But that didn't stop whiney fanboys of other consoles from shitting all over it the entire time. So who ultimately cares?

What I care about now, is the same thing I've cared about since my NES days: playing great games.

Don't be a fanboy. Be a fan. There's a huge difference.

garywood said:
Why the constant forming of teams? This just didn't exist about 10 years ago. As I think one of the micrsoft bosses said a few days ago, there's a lot of poison we need to remove from this industry.
Stock making imaginary tribes. Stop declaring your allegiance to a game or console that you haven't even played yet. Gamers are so easily turning into brainless sheep that the big 3 can just manipulate with marketing.

Don't have any allegiances. Be ready to change your mind tomorrow about what console to buy if something new happens. That's a far better attitude that will lead to a far healthier industry. Either that or another decade of shooter after shooter.

I agree with what you're saying. However, I feel obligated to point out that you might not have been around for the 16-bit generation then. Because back then, there were most definitely hardline "teams" of Nintendo fans and Sega fans, many of which would not be caught dead playing the other console because it was "crap". I was a Nintendo kid, and I hated hearing Sega kids talk shit about my system and saying how theirs was better, but I still played Sega and TG16 and arcade and PC games all the time too. I've always liked Nintendo best, but I like good games that appeal to me wherever they are. Which is why I've owned a PS2 and PS3 in recent gens.

But yeah, things were pretty volatile between the Sega and Nintendo camps back in the day. And don't even get me started when the PSX came along....

Well, you gotta be excited about something right?.....

Perhaps at some point the PS4 will actually have some games that you can be excited about instead.