By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any other Sony fans just excited for when Ps4 overtakes Wii U?

Aerys said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Wiibaron said:

Sony and their Playstations keep winning the console gen 'wars', but loosing where it counts the most: The balance sheet of the company!

^This

They may be popular, but they're taking heavy losses as a company.

But what matters are games no ? We dont care if sony doesnt make profit, but we care about sales, to get much more support.

So it's logic to be excited about all the support the winner will get this generation..

Of course we do care if they make profit. They keep bleeding money and they cant avoid that. Everyone should care with a gigant/high profit from their ps4 ( and it will do for sure). If they want to keep on the gaming market they have to make it profitable, seeing their situtation of constant money loss...

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Around the Network
Corvo said:
Aerys said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Wiibaron said:

Sony and their Playstations keep winning the console gen 'wars', but loosing where it counts the most: The balance sheet of the company!

^This

They may be popular, but they're taking heavy losses as a company.

But what matters are games no ? We dont care if sony doesnt make profit, but we care about sales, to get much more support.

So it's logic to be excited about all the support the winner will get this generation..

Of course we do care if they make profit. They keep bleeding money and they cant avoid that. Everyone should care with a gigant/high profit from their ps4 ( and it will do for sure). If they want to keep on the gaming market they have to make it profitable, seeing their situtation of constant money loss...

Maybe, but it's not the most important thing , to us, the winner is not the company making more money with their console but the one who get more support, they just have to make a decent profit, just enough to live,like they always did.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Maybe, but it's not the most important thing , to us, the winner is not the company making more money with their console but the one who get more support, they just have to make a decent profit, just enough to live,like they always did.

You know, in sony's case they DO have to making A LOT OF money due to their money loss. By your logic, '' they have to make a decent profit, just enough to live,like they always did'' is what nintendo always did and has to do with the WII U ( I think it is a a hard comeback , but let'see. It doesn't care if they get the majority of support, if the company that is walking though a money loss instance can't make enough money to erase this loss, they will keep being losers. Decent profit doesn't apply do sony, after the Vita and he current situation, it is their mandatory to be the winner of sales in this gen and make a huge number of sales ( 90m+ well profitable). 

I see attacking Sony's financials has become the last resort for many.

You know how a company turns around poor finances?, Producing and selling a product that is popular, the PlayStation 4 is just that, It's not going to rescue the company overnight obviously, but it's a start, and a damn good one at that.

lucidium said:

You know how a company turns around poor finances?, Producing and selling a product that is popular, the PlayStation 4 is just that, It's not going to rescue the company overnight obviously, but it's a start, and a damn good one at that.

Well, you can't say with 100% certainly that they will reach that. The playstation 4 got a successful launch, got the hype, and for now, is going to take a lot sales, and certainly the winner crown (imo). In other hand , they have the '' Vita Bloomer'' they did worse than wii U, and clearly has no rescue (imo). It is up to them to keep the quality and hype of the PS4 with games, and we need a lot of them. They have to announce a lot of them and takes as many 3rd parties supports ( oh wait, they already did that, they just got the whole 3rd parties). They have to to better than PS3, way better. 

Well, it isnt a resort at all for many ( not me at least) to '' attack'' sony's finacials. It is just the reality. As everyone suddenly started to attack Nintendo's financials due to their poorly Wii U sales ( and I agree with that), I don't see in Sony's case a '' resort'' at all, it just funny how people react. For last, we are in a sales forum right? nothing wrong with that.

Around the Network
Corvo said:
lucidium said:

Well, you can't say with 100% certainly that they will reach that.

And you can't say for 100% certainty that they won't.

Corvo said:

For last, we are in a sales forum right? nothing wrong with that.

the vg part, stands for video game, the financial deficit sony is experiencing isn't down to videogames.

lucidium said:

I can't, would be hypocritical on my part , also rude. That's why I didn't say anything , just the reality of their CURRENT situation

lucidium said:
Corvo said:
lucidium said:

Well, you can't say with 100% certainly that they will reach that.

Corvo said:

For last, we are in a sales forum right? nothing wrong with that.

the vg part, stands for video game, the financial deficit sony is experiencing isn't down to videogames.

Yeah, but ignoring that and exalt their situation with ps4 is just '' economy blind''. The cause of their money loss HAS NOTHING to do with their video game division, but the ongoing/upcoming situation of the money loss AFFECTS the game division and force them to take a critical act ( ps4) , and they did well if that, very well.

Corvo said:
lucidium said:

Well, you can't say with 100% certainly that they will reach that. The playstation 4 got a successful launch, got the hype, and for now, is going to take a lot sales, and certainly the winner crown (imo). In other hand , they have the '' Vita Bloomer'' they did worse than wii U, and clearly has no rescue (imo). It is up to them to keep the quality and hype of the PS4 with games, and we need a lot of them. They have to announce a lot of them and takes as many 3rd parties supports ( oh wait, they already did that, they just got the whole 3rd parties). They have to to better than PS3, way better. 

Well, it isnt a resort at all for many ( not me at least) to '' attack'' sony's finacials. It is just the reality. As everyone suddenly started to attack Nintendo's financials due to their poorly Wii U sales ( and I agree with that), I don't see in Sony's case a '' resort'' at all, it just funny how people react. For last, we are in a sales forum right? nothing wrong with that.

It's not quite the same, since for Nintendo it's all gaming - so if Nintendo is doing bad overall then Nintendo gaming will likely need a reboot from the way that we know it.

On the other hand if Sony's gaming division is doing well while the rest of the ship sinks, it doesn't mean Sony gaming will have to rethink their business.  See the difference?

Also the home console business is projected to grow while the handheld business projected to collapse, so which company do you think is in a stronger position (as far as gaming future)?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

It's not quite the same, since for Nintendo it's all gaming - so if Nintendo is doing bad overall then Nintendo gaming will likely need a reboot from the way that we know it.

On the other hand if Sony's gaming division is doing well while the rest of the ship sinks, it doesn't mean Sony gaming will have to rethink their business.  See the difference?

Maybe, for the ongoing situation of the company yes. But those are the consequences of the market, sony is WAY bigger as a company than nintendo, but if sony takes a money loss in one of their division, it will affect the whole company ( not with the same impact of course). Nintendo isn't that big, and it is '' easier'' for them to make a reboot, as we already seen with post-GC age.

Sony is jus fine with the ongoing situation, what i'm trying to say is they are way far to erase this money bleeding, and if things do not change, in the long run, the games division of them can suffer a  greater impact in order to promote changes ... 

Ps4 was/is/will be ( I hope ) a colossal success , it's launch proved it.