By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any other Sony fans just excited for when Ps4 overtakes Wii U?

Id like to see ps4 passing wii U.
But common, we have 8 years in this generation. To pass in the first 6 months would be boring for the rest of generation.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

I'm just really excited. As a long Sony fan, it feels great to be on top of the console sales once again. I was too young to enjoy the Ps2's domination over gamecube and xbox, so I can't wait!

Not hating on Wii U however. I do wish this gen is fairly close compared to the Wii's somewhat domination last gen and the Ps2's complete domination 2 gens ago....

The only way for the consoles to continue past this generation is for all 3 to be successful. I do like all three consoles and the games they offer from the Ps4, Xbone, and Wii U; but as a Sony fan I prefer the Ps4 to win this gen. 

Yeah. 

The Wii dominated last gen so Nintendo fans had their success. Back to Sony winning! 

And this is only consoles... Nintendo still dominates handhelds! and Microsoft has computers! So lets give sony some success!

A generation has never determine the winner in the first year. Having the lead early does not make it the winner. If a console can maintain the lead for more then half its lifespan like 5+ years of its console life then ill agree. In the mean time it means nothing to anybody whos on top. Aslong as the company is reaching demand thats all that really matters. I didnt care if Wii was 1st, i didnt care if PS2 was 1st and i dont care whos on top this gen. Just bring me the games and ill play them.

It will be more interesting to see if the One can pass the Wii U worldwide. It probably will, just not as quickly as the PS4.

No. This is like watching Mike Tyson beat up Corky from Life Goes On.

I often hang out at eb and laugh maniacally every time I see someone purchase a ps4 rather than a wii u. Until security comes to take me away that is.

Around the Network

Not really excited for a definite date in a calender. What I'm really excited for is the 50% market share. It's much less of a sure thing but it's quite possible. Only one of the other consoles has to fail for it to happen :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't.

I know I should not care for one console overtaking another but I do.

And I own a WiiU and while I think it deserves better sales than its getting the PS4 is just better piece of hardware in my opinion.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I want Japanese developers to rise to prominence like the PS2 days. Less westernizing and more of their own thing. Projects like Deep Down and The Evil Within are what excite me about the PS4.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

ethomaz said:
Boring... it was expected since Wii U launch when it performed bad after the fist months

No, few month before november, even in summer, most people thought Orbis/Durango would sell worse than Wii U because " if even the new Wii doesnt sell, home console industry is dead"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m