By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

BeElite said:
oniyide said:

I never said they should go 3rd party, but to act like there would be no benefits is just lying to ourselves, for one they are not spending money on HW which would mean more money for other stuff. ANd the Sega comparisons are wrong. Sega became 3rd party because they messed up so much for so long. The idea that Sega was great prior to going 3rd party is wrong and ignoring, the Saturn, CD, 32x and to a lower extent DC debacles. Sega didnt start sucking becasue they went 3rd party, they started sucking cause they had a poor transition into the Wii/PS3/360 era just like damn near every other Japanese company

God damn you made me think how great sega could have been if they called it quits after the saturn and released all their games on PS, then PS2

If they only were more honest with them selfs, could have been great.

Rather they just lost and lost and failed with hardware and it drove them to be irrelevent.  They once had awseome franchises and now they are a joke.

I wish people on here wouldnt lie to themselves. Sega had one successful console. ONE. out of 4 im not even counting those add ons. Thats sad. For comparison Sony is on number 4 and have yet to fail (PS3 is debatable). Ninty had more than one success. I dont know what happened after PS2 era, they were actually doing good in those days, no matter what people here will tell you.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
DevilRising said:
drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

Yes, because that would totally be worth it. It obviously has worked out great for Sega, yes? Still just as great as in their glory days, yes?

Oh wait.....

please Sega was messing up long before they went 3rd party, they went 3rd party because they messed up and even after they did they were still good for awhile

So are you saying they got better going third party?

im saying it didnt get worst. they put out alot of nonsense and crap right after the Genesis, got better with Dreamcast damage was already done, they pretty much carried the DC like stuff with them to the PS2/GC/Xbox hell most of the games on those systems were enchanced ports and sequels. and the portable stuff was pretty good. Sega only just recently messed up but its fallacy that it was because they went 3rd party, they fell off for the same reasons, Tecmo, SE, Capcom etc fell off.

So their goal should be to invest more money and not be worse. I would hate to go into n investor's meeting with that strategy.

And Sega gets most of it's money from Sega Sammy, so nintendo should get involved with gambling and leave the console market completely. ;p

My take on it is no one really knows what they should do because that is the state of the industry right now. It's in a huge transition where things are very much unsure. Nintendo picked a hell of a time to have a soft launch and post launch. Consumers are confused by their direction and rightfully so. They will figure something out though. They've been expanding for a reason.

I'm honestly not sure anyone knows what to do at this point. Microsoft is probably the most succesful at this point and they started out this generation back tracking. This will be interesting to see in two to three years.

I never said they should go 3rd party, but to act like there would be no benefits is just lying to ourselves, for one they are not spending money on HW which would mean more money for other stuff. ANd the Sega comparisons are wrong. Sega became 3rd party because they messed up so much for so long. The idea that Sega was great prior to going 3rd party is wrong and ignoring, the Saturn, CD, 32x and to a lower extent DC debacles. Sega didnt start sucking becasue they went 3rd party, they started sucking cause they had a poor transition into the Wii/PS3/360 era just like damn near every other Japanese company

First off this is your opinion and people disagree. I don't think going third party would be benfitless, I am just not convince that it would fix anything which is the goal of a company struggling. I am not saying Sega was great before they left the hardware business, I am just saying that you would be hard pressed to say things improved once they did.

Nintedo needs to stop producing under-powered and 3rd-party repelling consoles, it's that simple

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

no other company has a console that is selling this badly.

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
DevilRising said:
drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

Yes, because that would totally be worth it. It obviously has worked out great for Sega, yes? Still just as great as in their glory days, yes?

Oh wait.....

please Sega was messing up long before they went 3rd party, they went 3rd party because they messed up and even after they did they were still good for awhile

So are you saying they got better going third party?

im saying it didnt get worst. they put out alot of nonsense and crap right after the Genesis, got better with Dreamcast damage was already done, they pretty much carried the DC like stuff with them to the PS2/GC/Xbox hell most of the games on those systems were enchanced ports and sequels. and the portable stuff was pretty good. Sega only just recently messed up but its fallacy that it was because they went 3rd party, they fell off for the same reasons, Tecmo, SE, Capcom etc fell off.

So their goal should be to invest more money and not be worse. I would hate to go into n investor's meeting with that strategy.

And Sega gets most of it's money from Sega Sammy, so nintendo should get involved with gambling and leave the console market completely. ;p

My take on it is no one really knows what they should do because that is the state of the industry right now. It's in a huge transition where things are very much unsure. Nintendo picked a hell of a time to have a soft launch and post launch. Consumers are confused by their direction and rightfully so. They will figure something out though. They've been expanding for a reason.

I'm honestly not sure anyone knows what to do at this point. Microsoft is probably the most succesful at this point and they started out this generation back tracking. This will be interesting to see in two to three years.

First off this is your opinion and people disagree. I don't think going third party would be benfitless, I am just not convince that it would fix anything which is the goal of a company struggling. I am not saying Sega was great before they left the hardware business, I am just saying that you would be hard pressed to say things improved once they did.

fair enough, but i would be hardpressed to say that they would have been better if they stuck around as HW developers (talking Sega here) I use their track record to back up my claims

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Even before then.   I've heard calls for it during the N64 days.  From gamers, the media and analysts.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Even before then.   I've heard calls for it during the N64 days.  From gamers, the media and analysts.

I remember the GC was supposed to be Nintendo's last console too. Nintendo forever doomed.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

And let Nintendo die off like Rare did? Ok great idea!! I wish people could stop asking for this, it's got stale fast.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
DamnTastic said:
superchunk said:

If you want Nintendo games, just go buy a Nintendo system.

Doesn't seem to be working

well that is what 3rd party developers (even deny their own daughter a wii u cause they don't like it lol)  and other console fans say when Nintendo gamers want their games on their system lol

or maybe, and this is just a thought. People really dont care that much for Ninty games? At least not in the numbers people here swear by.

I never said mnay cared. However those that make their voices herd on forims who want their games (much like the people who want 3rd party on nintendo systems) deserve the same response that is given to the NIntendo guys.