By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

Kaizar said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

no other company has a console that is selling this badly.

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

oniyide, oniyide, oniyide...

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

Right on the money.

Sony & Microsoft wish they had games like Kid Icarus Uprising & Dillon's Rolling Weatern & Mario Kart 8 & The Wonderful 101 & X & Fire Emblem: Awakening & Mario Galaxy & Sonic Lost World Home Console & Lego City Undercover part 1 & Bayonetta Sequels + side stories & Pokémon Emerald/Black/White/2 & Star Fox & Metroid & Zone of the Enders 3 & King of Pirates trilogy & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & Project X Zone & Monster Hunter 4 & Rhythm Thief 1 + 2 & Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright & ZombiU 2 & etc.

At least Sonyn& Microsoft gives us Call of Duty & Assassin's Creed and.....oh wait, I can play all these games on the Wii U, making PS & Xbox already lacking reasons to be bought, especially when the Wii U gets the Definitive Version of a lot of these games, like Batman Arkham games & Deus Ex & Mass Effect & Darksiders & Lego Batman & Amazing Spider-Man & etc.

And 5 players multiplayer can only be done on the Wii U for multiplatform games like Call of Duty & etc.

Nintendo has already become an all in one place, which makes me think the only reason the OP is asking Nintendo to go 3rd party, is because there is now no way out for Sony & Microsoft, once word of mouth gets out to every gamer in the next 1 to 2 years.

What? This surely can't be a serious post.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

So you are going to pretend that the Wii was never made?

The wii didn't sell as a tradintional console, it's success cannot be replicated/repeated, just look t the wii u, it was basically a fad, its not something you can just upgrade like p1/ps2/ps3/ps4, it's just doesn't have a market to carry it anymore, also the wii had better third party support

BeElite said:
xNonox said:
Except Sega never had more than one really successful system. Anyone who really thinks they should go third party is just short-sighted, they will just have a slow downward slope and bring part of the gaming industry along with them. It's ONE system, guys. It's only been a little over a year now.

Its been down hill for decades, wii has a fad anaomoly.  Nin console sales have been droppin since the Nes.

So the Wii & DS & 3DS haven't increase in sells since the NES?

drake4 said:
Kaizar said:
drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

So you are going to pretend that the Wii was never made?

The wii didn't sell as a tradintional console, it's success cannot be replicated/repeated, just look t the wii u, it was basically a fad, its not something you can just upgrade like p1/ps2/ps3/ps4, it's just doesn't have a market to carry it anymore, also the wii had better third party support

Can you show me the multiplatform games the Wii got its first year, compare to the Wii U.

binary solo said:
Kaizar said:

Right on the money.

Sony & Microsoft wish they had games like Kid Icarus Uprising & Dillon's Rolling Weatern & Mario Kart 8 & The Wonderful 101 & X & Fire Emblem: Awakening & Mario Galaxy & Sonic Lost World Home Console & Lego City Undercover part 1 & Bayonetta Sequels + side stories & Pokémon Emerald/Black/White/2 & Star Fox & Metroid & Zone of the Enders 3 & King of Pirates trilogy & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & Project X Zone & Monster Hunter 4 & Rhythm Thief 1 + 2 & Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright & ZombiU 2 & etc.

At least Sonyn& Microsoft gives us Call of Duty & Assassin's Creed and.....oh wait, I can play all these games on the Wii U, making PS & Xbox already lacking reasons to be bought, especially when the Wii U gets the Definitive Version of a lot of these games, like Batman Arkham games & Deus Ex & Mass Effect & Darksiders & Lego Batman & Amazing Spider-Man & etc.

And 5 players multiplayer can only be done on the Wii U for multiplatform games like Call of Duty & etc.

Nintendo has already become an all in one place, which makes me think the only reason the OP is asking Nintendo to go 3rd party, is because there is now no way out for Sony & Microsoft, once word of mouth gets out to every gamer in the next 1 to 2 years.

What? This surely can't be a serious post.

You'd be surprised...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

oniyide, oniyide, oniyide...

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

/truth

Never did I see anyone argue Sony should bring there handheld games to 3ds. Why? Because nobody cares or wants them.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

benao87 said:
Do these threads give you cancer?

Yes. I have a brain tumor just since i clicked the topic 3min ago

xNonox said:
BeElite said:
xNonox said:
Except Sega never had more than one really successful system. Anyone who really thinks they should go third party is just short-sighted, they will just have a slow downward slope and bring part of the gaming industry along with them. It's ONE system, guys. It's only been a little over a year now.

Its been down hill for decades, wii has a fad anaomoly.  Nin console sales have been droppin since the Nes.

I guess Sony's also been going downhill for decades. The PS2 was just a fad. See what I did there?

LOL.

brendude13 said:
Kaizar said:
Netyaroze said:
Well to be honest I would like to see a Zelda game on PS4 in 1080p with high res textures. I mean even the Wii U games look fantastic already I wonder what Nintendo could do on a PS4 level hardware.

The Wii U Zelda game will be 3D 1080p 60 fps with high res textures.

Isn't that extremely great enough?

Source?

The tech demo was 1080p 60 fps.

And Nintendo didn't release Mario Kart 8 until Spring 2K14 because they want it to be 1080p.

clearly Nintendo isn't in a rush releasing Zelda original U, just like Mario Kart 8.

Smash Bros. Four Wii U is made by a second party company, so doesn't have anything to do with this.

3D, well I just threw that in there because the Wii U can do it on pre-install firmware. Plus Nintendo said when enough people own a 3D TV they would start making all their newer1st party games 3D ready, so I assume there will be enough owners of 3D TVs by then, since Nintendo was only asking for a minimum of over 30 % increase of what were current owners at the time during 2011. 2015 has a good chance, but we will just have to see if Nintendo holds up to it, or if 3D slips their mind again.

oniyide said:

We are going ot have to agree to disagree, Sega put out alot of nonsense. Most of the games on Sega Cd by Sega were crap. They were even worse on 32x and frankly their Saturn output wasnt that great either. Fighting Vipers were cool as were VF. 

Nights had a game on Wii and a HD update on PSN xbox live. VF actually got better. as did CRazy Taxi. you pick a handful of titles. hell you forgot the Yakuza series.

Nowadays those mega CD and 32X games are utter crap, but back in the day they were trying to brave new directions and new experiences for gaming. Granted, they didnt all work, but they were still trying to innovate. I remember at the time enjoyed Road Avenger on the Mega CD with a friend of mine. It was great fun, but nowadays... wow that game was crap.

The saturn was quite good though. I can mention Panzer Dragoon 1, zwei and Saga, Shining Force 3 (episodes in japan), Nights, Burning rangers, Virtua Fighter, Fighting vipers, Fighters megamix, Baku Baku, Landstalker or whatever it was called, Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Sega touring cars, etc.

There was a lot to like on the Saturn. The problem was SEGA killed it off early, so more games werent made, or stayed in Japan.

As for the rest you misinterpreted again. Those were examples of games that indeed had new entries released on new consoles but failed to hit their mark in terms of quality and sales. Series that were sucessful on SEGA systems (as sucessful as it can be on a SEGA system).