By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

no other company has a console that is selling this badly.

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

oniyide, oniyide, oniyide...

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

Vita isnt nearly as important as PS4, but you probably already know that.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

Right on the money.

Sony & Microsoft wish they had games like Kid Icarus Uprising & Dillon's Rolling Weatern & Mario Kart 8 & The Wonderful 101 & X & Fire Emblem: Awakening & Mario Galaxy & Sonic Lost World Home Console & Lego City Undercover part 1 & Bayonetta Sequels + side stories & Pokémon Emerald/Black/White/2 & Star Fox & Metroid & Zone of the Enders 3 & King of Pirates trilogy & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & Project X Zone & Monster Hunter 4 & Rhythm Thief 1 + 2 & Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright & ZombiU 2 & etc.

At least Sonyn& Microsoft gives us Call of Duty & Assassin's Creed and.....oh wait, I can play all these games on the Wii U, making PS & Xbox already lacking reasons to be bought, especially when the Wii U gets the Definitive Version of a lot of these games, like Batman Arkham games & Deus Ex & Mass Effect & Darksiders & Lego Batman & Amazing Spider-Man & etc.

And 5 players multiplayer can only be done on the Wii U for multiplatform games like Call of Duty & etc.

Nintendo has already become an all in one place, which makes me think the only reason the OP is asking Nintendo to go 3rd party, is because there is now no way out for Sony & Microsoft, once word of mouth gets out to every gamer in the next 1 to 2 years.

oh please Halo and GT say hi. Half those games that Sony and MS wished they had flopped. W101 flopped. Sonic LMAO. please it probably wont even match 360 version Sonic Generation.

If those games are so great and people want them why is nobody buying the system to play them. if 5 player MP is so important for COD why is the WIi U version the worst selling one. Why cant SOny keep PS4s on the shelves and Ninty has to take back stock?

Kaizar said:
drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

So you are going to pretend that the Wii was never made?

The Wii actually got games, shovelware sure, but Wii U isnt even getting that.

ninetailschris said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

/truth

Never did I see anyone argue Sony should bring there handheld games to 3ds. Why? Because nobody cares or wants them.

you both realize the OP clearly says consoles only? or are we ignoring that because y'all have nothing.

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

Yup, I know that. It's nothing new to see it being swept under the rug in hopes that people forget about Sony's failures.

But my point stands. The reason for the calls that a console manufacturer should go third party isn't low hardware sales. It's that people are desperate to play Nintendo games on their PlayStations and Xboxes. If you were right, then we should see people begging for Sony to put games on the 3DS, because their handheld isn't selling.

its not being swept under the rug, its just not being brought up because people already knew how that was going down. SO their was no need fo dramatic emotion unlike the WIi U where people swore it was going to do great. Some people do want to play Ninty games on PS and xboxs no denial there but judging by the sales of Ninty games lately it cant be that much or people are just holding out in hopes that they will go 3rd party? kinda doubt it. Nobody has ever asked for Sony games to go to 3ds because nobody cares that much, not sure what your point about that is. But I guess you got to take your wins where you can get them no matter how small.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Kaizar said:
drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

Shovelware is not better than no shovelware, and no shovelware is not better than shovelware. It's just more games tacked on to the console that don't mean a damn.

xNonox said:
oniyide said:
Kaizar said:
drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Shovelware is not better than no shovelware, and no shovelware is not better than shovelware. It's just more games tacked on to the console that don't mean a damn.

yes yes it is and i will explain why. 

Say a mother walks into a store and wants to buy a system for the child. She looks on the wall and sees it filled with Wii games, twice as much as PS3 or 360, their cheaper to booth. Now lets be real which system is she more likely to get? the Wii cause she doesnt know any better or doesnt care, she just needs something to keep her rugrat occupied. Perception is reality, if she sees that it has more games then it MUST be better. The quality is subjective and irrelevant.

The problem here is that you are looking at it from a gamer perspective and in that regard you are right, but its not the only perspective, hell it might not even be the most important one. Lets not forget that whether people want to believe it or not, these shovelware games were financally successful, they were cheap to make and alot of them sold alot more copies than they needed to make profit, plus whatever licensing fees Ninty got from them. Now WIi U isnt getting that, you cant make money off of something that doesnt exist.

oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

Yup, I know that. It's nothing new to see it being swept under the rug in hopes that people forget about Sony's failures.

But my point stands. The reason for the calls that a console manufacturer should go third party isn't low hardware sales. It's that people are desperate to play Nintendo games on their PlayStations and Xboxes. If you were right, then we should see people begging for Sony to put games on the 3DS, because their handheld isn't selling.

its not being swept under the rug, its just not being brought up because people already knew how that was going down. SO their was no need fo dramatic emotion unlike the WIi U where people swore it was going to do great. Some people do want to play Ninty games on PS and xboxs no denial there but judging by the sales of Ninty games lately it cant be that much or people are just holding out in hopes that they will go 3rd party? kinda doubt it. Nobody has ever asked for Sony games to go to 3ds because nobody cares that much, not sure what your point about that is. But I guess you got to take your wins where you can get them no matter how small.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/25/analyst-sony-could-win-mobile-gaming-race-with-ngp-or-xperia-play/

just some examples. 

I thinl the reason, no one talks about it is because it is actually dead as a platform. I mean no developers otber than indies want ro touch the thing and Sony has all but branded the thing as a peripheral. With all the issues WiiU and Nintendo are facing, everyone still has some interest to at least see where the system is headed. Fanboyism aside.

Multishanks said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/25/analyst-sony-could-win-mobile-gaming-race-with-ngp-or-xperia-play/

just some examples. 

I thinl the reason, no one talks about it is because it is actually dead as a platform. I mean no developers otber than indies want ro touch the thing and Sony has all but branded the thing as a peripheral. With all the issues WiiU and Nintendo are facing, everyone still has some interest to at least see where the system is headed. Fanboyism aside.

you pulled articles from way back before even the Vita was revealed. Once it got revealed and released people realized quickly that it wasnt going to set the world on fire. Took people awhile with the WII U and some people are still in denial. Nobody talks about it cause they long accepted the faith. Funny thing is Wii U didnt really do that much better than Vita, hell I think it actually did worst.

If they are going to,this will kill them just like it destroyed Sega.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.