By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
DamnTastic said:
superchunk said:

If you want Nintendo games, just go buy a Nintendo system.

Doesn't seem to be working

well that is what 3rd party developers (even deny their own daughter a wii u cause they don't like it lol)  and other console fans say when Nintendo gamers want their games on their system lol

or maybe, and this is just a thought. People really dont care that much for Ninty games? At least not in the numbers people here swear by.

I never said mnay cared. However those that make their voices herd on forims who want their games (much like the people who want 3rd party on nintendo systems) deserve the same response that is given to the NIntendo guys.

fair enough, im just saying we really need to stop giving stock to the forum vocal minority, because some of what they say dont line up with reality.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
xNonox said:
Except Sega never had more than one really successful system. Anyone who really thinks they should go third party is just short-sighted, they will just have a slow downward slope and bring part of the gaming industry along with them. It's ONE system, guys. It's only been a little over a year now.

Its been down hill for decades, wii has a fad anaomoly.  Nin console sales have been droppin since the Nes.

I guess Sony's also been going downhill for decades. The PS2 was just a fad. See what I did there?

oniyide said:
Nem said:

Haha... dont get me started Oniyide.

Present SEGA is nothing like old SEGA. And did you forget they required an unfavorable merger with Sammy to survive? They had 9 development teams where today they have what? 3?

Dont play with us, theres no way to sugercoat the fact that SEGA got alot worse by going third party. Many of their games wich had their audience on SEGA consoles could not find an audience on the new consoles. The same exact thing would happen to Nintendo. Nintendo games sell to Nintendo fans for the most part. Where would these be without Nintendo systems? The Playstation? the Xbox? the Vita? The PC? Nowhere/left gaming? Everywhere? You have no clue.

So, what is the development of one quality SKU has to become the development of several spreading your efforts to find an audience. Its not as simple as you make it sound and its not as risk free as Drake4 thinks.

do your research, how well did Sega CD do? how about 32x? Saturn? Game Gear? Dreamcast? You really think Sega was all peaches and cream BEFORE they went 3rd party, they went 3rd party in the first place BECAUSE they were sucking, period. THey still hold the record for having the worst console reveal in history. Could not find an audience on new consoles? what games, Sonic on GC did better than Sonic on DC, VF4 was the best selling one, that was on PS2. What are these games taht didnt find an audience. You have no clue

You are are confusing software with hardware. Software wise, SEGA was always great. Hardware wise, they made alot of mistakes.

All the games that had a release in a new console and didnt see anymore installments are games that lost their audience. SEGA GT prings to mind, Nights. All these games that lost quality and lost their audience. All the result of going third party and the merger.

Nem said:
oniyide said:
Nem said:

Haha... dont get me started Oniyide.

Present SEGA is nothing like old SEGA. And did you forget they required an unfavorable merger with Sammy to survive? They had 9 development teams where today they have what? 3?

Dont play with us, theres no way to sugercoat the fact that SEGA got alot worse by going third party. Many of their games wich had their audience on SEGA consoles could not find an audience on the new consoles. The same exact thing would happen to Nintendo. Nintendo games sell to Nintendo fans for the most part. Where would these be without Nintendo systems? The Playstation? the Xbox? the Vita? The PC? Nowhere/left gaming? Everywhere? You have no clue.

So, what is the development of one quality SKU has to become the development of several spreading your efforts to find an audience. Its not as simple as you make it sound and its not as risk free as Drake4 thinks.

do your research, how well did Sega CD do? how about 32x? Saturn? Game Gear? Dreamcast? You really think Sega was all peaches and cream BEFORE they went 3rd party, they went 3rd party in the first place BECAUSE they were sucking, period. THey still hold the record for having the worst console reveal in history. Could not find an audience on new consoles? what games, Sonic on GC did better than Sonic on DC, VF4 was the best selling one, that was on PS2. What are these games taht didnt find an audience. You have no clue

You are are confusing software with hardware. Software wise, SEGA was always great. Hardware wise, they made alot of mistakes.

All the games that had a release in a new console and didnt see anymore installments are games that lost their audience. SEGA GT prings to mind, Nights. All these games that lost quality and lost their audience. All the result of going third party and the merger.

We are going ot have to agree to disagree, Sega put out alot of nonsense. Most of the games on Sega Cd by Sega were crap. They were even worse on 32x and frankly their Saturn output wasnt that great either. Fighting Vipers were cool as were VF. 

Nights had a game on Wii and a HD update on PSN xbox live. VF actually got better. as did CRazy Taxi. you pick a handful of titles. hell you forgot the Yakuza series.

Netyaroze said:
Well to be honest I would like to see a Zelda game on PS4 in 1080p with high res textures. I mean even the Wii U games look fantastic already I wonder what Nintendo could do on a PS4 level hardware.

The Wii U Zelda game will be 3D 1080p 60 fps with high res textures.

Isn't that extremely great enough?

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Netyaroze said:
Well to be honest I would like to see a Zelda game on PS4 in 1080p with high res textures. I mean even the Wii U games look fantastic already I wonder what Nintendo could do on a PS4 level hardware.

The Wii U Zelda game will be 3D 1080p 60 fps with high res textures.

Isn't that extremely great enough?

Source?

oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

no other company has a console that is selling this badly.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

oniyide, oniyide, oniyide...

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

Right on the money.

Sony & Microsoft wish they had games like Kid Icarus Uprising & Dillon's Rolling Weatern & Mario Kart 8 & The Wonderful 101 & X & Fire Emblem: Awakening & Mario Galaxy & Sonic Lost World Home Console & Lego City Undercover part 1 & Bayonetta Sequels + side stories & Pokémon Emerald/Black/White/2 & Star Fox & Metroid & Zone of the Enders 3 & King of Pirates trilogy & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & Project X Zone & Monster Hunter 4 & Rhythm Thief 1 + 2 & Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright & ZombiU 2 & etc.

At least Sonyn& Microsoft gives us Call of Duty & Assassin's Creed and.....oh wait, I can play all these games on the Wii U, making PS & Xbox already lacking reasons to be bought, especially when the Wii U gets the Definitive Version of a lot of these games, like Batman Arkham games & Deus Ex & Mass Effect & Darksiders & Lego Batman & Amazing Spider-Man & etc.

And 5 players multiplayer can only be done on the Wii U for multiplatform games like Call of Duty & etc.

Nintendo has already become an all in one place, which makes me think the only reason the OP is asking Nintendo to go 3rd party, is because there is now no way out for Sony & Microsoft, once word of mouth gets out to every gamer in the next 1 to 2 years.

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:

The "Nintendo needs to go 3rd party" message has been going on since the Wii was selling well.

thats true...still doesnt change the fact that the other two are not having a bad time with their HW opposite in fact, hence why people dont tell them to go 3rd party.

oniyide, oniyide, oniyide...

Have you already forgotten that the Vita has absolutely cratered in the USA? So there is another company that has hardware selling as badly as the Wii U, but do you see people telling Sony to go third party? The reason why people don't tell Sony to do so is because nobody wants Sony's games.

...touché

drake4 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Troll thread. No other company is suggested of this question. Gee, I wonder why? That is why Nintendo is always in the fanboys heads.

not just that, third party's developers are ignoring like it doesn't exist, becuase third party games sell like crap on wiiu. i don't think we will ever see third party support as bad as wiiu.

So you are going to pretend that the Wii was never made?