By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one who hasn't caught the PS4 hype?

TheLegendaryWolf said:

I don't really see the hype over the PS4. It looks like a great console and I'll buy one eventually, but it just doesn't have games that will make me run around like an idiot, destroy 50% of the shop, trample other people and eventually stab people just to rake out $400+ for. I know of people who bought one for a prettier COD and FIFA, and those games shouldn't be a reason for all this unnessesary hype. Yes I know great games are coming to PS4 this March, but many of those games will be on PS3, with the exeption of  inFAMOUS Second Son. Did you catch the PS4 hype this holiday season?

FIXED

I agree. PS4 has nothing to offer yet. The controller has shitty analogs that "break"  and alot of PS4s (and X1s) are faulty because they are prototypes.   There is no reason to buy a console year 1 and yet some idiots act like the world is going to end and shops sell the last bottles of water on earth. TBH if you want a console just buy one online and if you were to late wait until those impatient people have their consoles and you can safely buy one without people raping each other...

I mean there is so many good PS3 games out there I will probably still have some games to play in a year or two  so there is no need for a PS4.

Around the Network

I don't quite feel the hype for the system. Maybe there is something wrong with me and I need to go see the doctor... shit I'm getting worried...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I don't quite feel the hype for the system. Maybe there is something wrong with me and I need to go see the doctor... shit I'm getting worried...

You are Argentino

I don´t see the hype overall for this generation, other than among some hardcore fans. When new consoles release, there is this certain aura surroinding them, that just isn´t there now. It could very well be because we have games around us on so many devices now that new gaming-centric devices kind of disappears among all these devices out there.

Slarvax said:
NintendoPie said:
Oh, so this is what a serious thread looks like. I was getting dazed for a moment.

And no, you aren't. Slarvax is clearly more hyped for macaroni and cheese.

Yes

To be fair, that does look like some good Mac and Cheese.

Back to the thread, no.  My friend is getting one next month.  Will update then to see if it changes.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

COOL!!!! And I should care why exactly? I love my ps4 and that's all I care about.

Fusioncode said:
Slade6alpha said:
I have a PS4 and even I honestly don't see the massive hype. Sony did a fantastic job pre-launch and it's obviously been VERY successful for them, but I prefer the One over it. JUST MY ONIONS!!!

Can I have some onions?

I do not care about the ps4/xboxone atm. 

Waiting for KDH 3 

TheLegendaryWolf said:

I don't really see the hype over the PS4. It looks like a great console and I'll buy one eventually, but it just doesn't have games that will make me run out and rake out $400+ for. I know of people who bought one for a prettier COD and FIFA, and those games shouldn't be a reason for all this unnessesary hype. Yes I know great games are coming to PS4 this March, but many of those games will be on PS3, with the exeption of  inFAMOUS Second Son. Did you catch the PS4 hype this holiday season?

You don't like a game out of a small selection of games? You must be really special.

I didn't really need hype to preoprder one. There are enough games on it I want to play so the purchase was more like a logical step rather than fueled by hype. There really is no reason for me to wait even if the games I'm waiting for would not be released until next year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You sound stupid