By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one who hasn't caught the PS4 hype?

Umm obviously not, not sure what the point of this thread is, everyone is different, amazing concept.

Around the Network

Yup.

I'm loving it right now, even if I have very little to play, most of which are cross-gen games. The hardware, OS, graphics and controller are phenomenal. I guess I also love it because of the security of knowing how well supported it's going to be in the future, and that I'm (hopefully) going to have the same amazing time I had with my PS3.

I'm barely ever hyped for consoles, games on the other hand, I do get hyped for.

If you can't see past the branding then I pitty you, because you're just going to miss out on the great games each system has to offer.

brendude13 said:
Yup.

I'm loving it right now, even if I have very little to play, most of which are cross-gen games. The hardware, OS, graphics and controller are phenomenal. I guess I also love it because of the security of knowing how well supported it's going to be in the future, and that I'm (hopefully) going to have the same amazing time I had with my PS3.

This

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Really? What do you enjoy about PS4 the most?

First the UI... I loved it... needs some improves but I can't use any other console UI without make a bad face (even PS3)... some days I just turn on my console to see mensages and navigate the UI without play anything.

So the games... I loved Resogun... it is the best launch game for sure (you can compare with DR3 on Xbone... the best launch game too). But not just that... I liked a lot Contrat and I'm loving Don't Starve... Killzone MP is maybe the best MP I ever played... so addictive.

And Flower... you need to play this game again in PS4... a new experience for sure... ohhh Warframe is somethin you need to try too... it is a great game.

I already said bebofe... PS4's games is doing something I didn't expect... stealing my GT6 game time.

PS. I can't use other controller too... DS4 is the best controler I already used... I'm using it even on PS3.

Around the Network

I forgot to say... I didn't touched any Multiplatform game yet... I need to found more time to gaming

ethomaz said:

PS. I can't use other controller too... DS4 is the best controler I already used... I'm using it even on PS3.

QFT no truer words ever been said 

ohh i feel yahh bra, after DS4 the others just fell like crap.  

LOL at people feeling threatened over ps4 hype. Sony did an amazing job with the console, marketing, it's how you sell a product well done.

The hype is incredible, considering that PS4 offers nothing that compelling for it's price tag at the moment... What your seeing is the power of great marketing and PR leading up to release. Great job Sony. I'll sit back on the sidelines and wait till the console has games and is easily accessible.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I got caught up a little. The fact that it's selling out somehow makes it even more desirable. I need games though, and the PS4 is lacking in that department. No great exclusives apart from Resogun, the worst COD since MW3, a broken Battlefield.

What it does have is the best console version of ACIV, but that's not enough when the PS360 versions are perfectly competent and Wii U offers off-tv play. I could also get the PC version which looks even better and could probably run it at 60fps.

So yes I got caught up in the hype, but the games (or lack there of) brought me back down to Earth.