By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one who hasn't caught the PS4 hype?

already owned and sold a ps4 but want one agan in the future...mebbe. The way I feel at the moment it's gonna have to be something pretty special (not generally a fan of most sony exclusives so infamous:second son wont be the game to get me in...maybe not even uncharted 4, which I'd buy if I already owned a ps4 but woudn't rush out and get a console for. It'll have to be a 3rd party title then but which one?). I worry that this gen will see the demise of the type of games I like (which may have already happened last gen tbh)...

I have yet to be too excited but I live in hope.

Around the Network
Sareth said:
I was interested in the PS4 until I learned that it would not be backwards compatible and they were now charging for online use. I'll just save the money and get a cheap PS3.

yes this put me off as well (not so much the online charge but the lack of backwards compatibility)...I had originally planned to get a ps4 day one and use it to play my ps3 games that I haven't beaten yet, of which I own many...as well as there's still several upcoming ps3 titles I'm excited about, until the better ps4 games appear. My ps3 is on it's last legs so it made sense to upgrade, until I learned that it wasn't backwards compatible. I had ordered my ps4 months in advance and got it day one but had lost interest by then which is why I sold it (but like I say I will get one in a year or so).

Don't see why there is so much hype for it. Mediocre first party and same old games on third party... JMO.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

I lost hype for it when installs become mandatory so that 500 gb hdd isn't going to go a long way lol.

I habe both as well. I love the ONE but Kinect annoys me so I decided to buy a PS4 as primarily gaming device and jump to Xbox for Titanfall, Halo, Quantum Break, when hopefully a new Gears comes out. I don't even have a gold membership right now. PS4 is a solid console but to be honest the controller is still a bit on the weak side in comparison to the Xbox Controller, the UI is weird an there are no Games.

Around the Network
telsta said:
I habe both as well. I love the ONE but Kinect annoys me so I decided to buy a PS4 as primarily gaming device and jump to Xbox for Titanfall, Halo, Quantum Break, when hopefully a new Gears comes out. I don't even have a gold membership right now. PS4 is a solid console but to be honest the controller is still a bit on the weak side in comparison to the Xbox Controller, the UI is weird an there are no Games.

Why don´t you just unplug Kinect then? :)

PS4  has Killzone Shadowfall ( Meh) and Knack ( Meh).. Infamous Second Son will be the first great retail  PS4 exclusive..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

TBH I think the PS4 is the best console out of the three. But its just not doing the trick for me. I am currently in a gaming break not playing very much in the past 2 years. I am kind of waiting for Oculus to make their move before I jump in again.

snyps said:
i'll admit I was hyped for ps4 at e3. I felt it. Then it was gone.

Same here. Sony delivered a killer E3, and I pre-ordered the PS4 a short while after the show. However, nearing launch, I lost interest and cancelled the pre-order. Will get one eventually - 2015 at the earliest.