By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only one who hasn't caught the PS4 hype?

Not interested at all. Only thing that matters to me is games and I don't see anything out or coming.

Around the Network

Honestly, as launch crept up closer and closer I was more interested in Xbox One - I have neither Xbox One nor PS4 yet, and they may get neglected this year as well - I want a Steam Machine.

I am having trouble with the sticky L1. It appears i have to clean it inside.

The thoughts of random forum posters hardly ever reflects that out in the real world, if that was the case the Wii U would actually be a smash hit.

...that being said...from my prospective, I'm caught up in the "hype" because i know that Sony will deliver on game content from their studios and I know that 3rd parties will deliver on theirs. I mean thats why we buy consoles right? For the games. I mean look at the OP signature, awaiting multiple games that do not even have release dates...I mean how is that not hype.

Train wreck said:
The thoughts of random forum posters hardly ever reflects that out in the real world, if that was the case the Wii U would actually be a smash hit.

...that being said...from my prospective, I'm caught up in the "hype" because i know that Sony will deliver on game content from their studios and I know that 3rd parties will deliver on theirs. I mean thats why we buy consoles right? For the games. I mean look at the OP signature, awaiting multiple games that do not even have release dates...I mean how is that not hype.

Don't get me wrong, I want a PS4, but it doesn't really have games I would get "hyped" for. inFAMOUS 2 was an alright game but that won't compel me in getting a PS4 for I:SS, The Order 1886 looks interesting but not much is known about it, and played Uncharted 3, it was a great game, but Uncharted 4 doesn't have a release date. Maybe when Ucharted 4 is out, that might compel me into getting a PS4 along with another decent title.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Train wreck said:

Don't get me wrong, I want a PS4, but it doesn't really have games I would get "hyped" for. inFAMOUS 2 was an alright game but that won't compel me in getting a PS4 for I:SS, The Order 1886 looks interesting but not much is known about it, and played Uncharted 3, it was a great game, but Uncharted 4 doesn't have a release date. Maybe when Ucharted 4 is out, that might compel me into getting a PS4 along with another decent title.

Ok so what am I missing here?  How does one get caught in PS4 hype?  Is that the new buzz word for having a console decently priced, accessable, ok launch titles with more to come and marketed well?  I guess that is the thing, many Sony fans (and people who enjoy gaming) dont need to get hyped when it comes to their consoles because the company has constantly delivered on content whether it be from their internal studios or from 3rd parties.  They have 20 years of experience to fall back on. you have one that sold 100m+, 160+m+, 82+mil (and counting) and one starting off gangbusters.  Just because you dont appreicate/like their current offering or some future offerings doesnt make the console "hyped".  

No, there's a small minority out there like you who is more hyped for the WiiU.

See the sales for more answers to your questions.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

I don't really see the hype over the PS4. It looks like a great console and I'll buy one eventually, but it just doesn't have games that will make me run out and rake out $400+ for. I know of people who bought one for a prettier COD and FIFA, and those games shouldn't be a reason for all this unnessesary hype. Yes I know great games are coming to PS4 this March, but many of those games will be on PS3, with the exeption of  inFAMOUS Second Son. Did you catch the PS4 hype this holiday season?

No you're not alone. I am not that interested in it myself.

I have never been into the Xbox brand, their exclusives and the console/controller itself have never appealed to me.

I own a PS2 and PS3, but there's just nothing coming for it that I've seen yet that really intices me. I've never cared for franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Killzone, Infamous, etc., so nothing they've shown off yet really makes me want it. If there were to be a new Vanillaware game that for some reason came exclusively to PS4, I'd be interested. Just the same as The Last Guardian, which I REALLY wanted for PS3, but got delayed times infinity. Perhaps if they show off a new Jak & Daxter game that is ACTUALLY like the first one, and not the second two GTA knockoff sequels, I'd be interested. Same with if the Crash Bandicoot rumors are true, and it actually looked like a good game.

But overall, I'm likely not going to be getting a PS4 any time within the next couple of years, at the very least. Perhaps once it comes down in price significantly, and there are some games on it that I actually want built up, I might eventually get one. But I still don't like the manditory PS+ to play online bullshit.

For now, I'm good with Wii U, which has  a lot of retail and eShop games I'm looking forward to, as well as PC.

Consoles aren't cellphones you know, its not like ps4 will be discontinued next year or something...

DevilRising said:

For now, I'm good with Wii U, which has  a lot of retail and eShop games I'm looking forward to, as well as PC.

Oh boy...