By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

Honestly, seeing the other console numbers drop I am not surprised at Wii U's number right now. What would really be definitive bad news for Wii U in Japan is when those big titles come out and it still sees sub 10k weekly sales. At this rate, I do see the Wii U approaching sub 10k, but Japan isn't Wii U's biggest market anyway.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:
Lots of legs in dem charts. God Eater 2 may even be able to get half a million after its cheaper re-release.
Kongfucius said:

God Eater after 9 weeks

[PSP] God Eater - 7,776 / 584,298

[PSP] God Eater Burst - 7,374 / 399,927

[PSP/PSV] God Eater 2 - 4,871* / 570,031* (-14,267 on vanilla GE)

It's weird.  On GAF they (well, I say "they", a couple of prominent 3DS users in particular) keep pointing out that God Eater 2 isn't doing very well but I think it's doing as could be expected given a platform change + the advent of digital sales.  It's not the Vita's saviour but it's an easy 400k which isn't something any other game has done before on Vita.

I guess they're just port begging.  Maybe the game would've done better on 3DS, but I kinda doubt it.

Egh... i cant play anymore hunting games without a second analog. Not having a second analog stick for the camera is torture, and i dont like the genre enough to buy the CPP.

I got God Eater burst on the Vita because of this. The genre is bad enough with the repetition, dont need to add bad controls to it.

Damn wiiu below ps3, vita will drop below 20k soon.

Japan was the only reason Wii-U stayed above 100k ww last week. With such a massive drop, it could already drop below 50k ww this week. Right at the same level it was last year.

To be honest even Mario Kart can't save it now.

pezus said:

When is DKC coming out? I feel like there won't be much excitement here until the PS4 launch.

In February.

And you're probably right.

Around the Network

Glad FFX is doing well and doing its job. Wii U drop is disappointing, and I still find it odd that they still track 360. But I guess they want to wait until Xbox One releases.

Poor WiiU

What a huge drop, and Wii U suffered the most. FF X/X2 HD is keeping PS3 and PSVita at their current levels, but for how long?

Kongfucius said:

True but Vita lacks big JRPGs in general, I think that because PSN is a more traditional take on the series it will attract fans of the genre at large to buy Vita, along with Oreshika 2 and others. Yes it is a bit like a hunting game but I'd argue it's sufficiently different for it not to be too badly affected by those older titles

My big hope is that with Squenix in particular is that they've seen FFX do well on Vita, and seeing an original game in a biggish JRPG franchise will encourage them to commission some original games on PSV. Same goes for other devs

I think Phantasy Star Nova definitely looks more Monster-Hunter inspired than ever before.  I mean, it's basically what Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2 were on PSP.  I don't think you can really call it a JRPG at this point (other than the literal definition that it's a game with role-playing elements made in Japan).

It's a shame that Oreshika 2 is their only internally-developed JRPG for the system actually.  I think it looks excellent but it's niche as hell, even if the remake was a 100k seller.  It's never going to gain mass market appeal.  I'd love to see Sony make a game to go after some of Tales' market.

I'm still hoping for Type-0 HD.  Would sell enough to cover the development costs I'm sure as long as they stuck a bit of extra content on, and they'd finally get to release it in the west.  A new original game would be better, but I don't think Squeenix have many plans for original IP's on handhelds.  3DS really hasn't gotten much.

Kresnik said:

For anyone interested:

3D Mario Platformers - Week 8

3D Mario Platformers - Week 8

[N64] Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) {1996.06.23} - 44.790* / 507.287** 
[NDS] Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo) {2004.12.02} - 26.078 / 586.253 
[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo) {2002.07.19} - 13.739 / 581.765 
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) {2007.11.01} - 109.029 / 680.165 
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) {2010.05.27} - 15.513 / 680.395 
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} - 201.141 / 1.042.511 
[WIU] Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} - 14.584 / 485.022

*Weekly number includes week 8 and 9 combined.
**LTD week 9

Not too bad.

I had no idea SM3DW was selling so poorly. It was one of the only ones to launch during the holidays and still ended up being the lowest selling. It deserves far more sales, but I think it's userbase, despite the high attach rate, will always be keeping sales down.

Back on topic: Really happy for Kirby. As a platformer fan I think that Kirby and Yoshi are going to be huge boons for the genre this year :)