By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

thismeintiel said:
ktay95 said:
thismeintiel said:
ktay95 said:
Because apparently Japan is getting no Japanese games on PS4's launch day
Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn beta
Knack
Natural Doctrine
Puzzle 4 Sudoku
Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Strider (Publisher)
Yakuza: Restoration
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/09/japans-ps4-launch-day-line-up-features-19-games/

90% of those only appeal to westerners, though. 

So true, when was the last time the Japanese bought Dynasty Warriors, Yakuza or Final Fantasy??

NEVER!!  And America went crazy when Dream Club: Hot Girls On Stage and the latest Mahjong game was released.  They even outsold COD. 

@ Acevil

It was more directed at Soundwave, who kept saying that the PS4 was a Westerner console and 90% of its games won't appeal to Japan (even though Japan has always seen its own releases for the country for any console.)  Not sure if you agreed with him, though.

I do not agree with him. Also Mojang > COD!

Around the Network

So it seems my prior knowledge has fooled me! Kirby Triple Deluxe has performed better than Return To Dreamland, Nightmare in Dreamland, Epic Yarn, Amazing Mirror, and Kirby's Dreamland. Super Star Ultra is the only one that has beat it out.

I wonder if it'll have Dreamland's legs, though?

BasilZero said:

Well no surprise there, Super Star is considered to be one of the best and most popular games in the Kirby series :P.

Dreamland still sold more than Super Star, though. However, It's interesting to see how much Super Star had blown up. It wasn't even the first Kirby on the DS!

PS3 is up to 10 million for sure there.

NintendoPie said:
Nice to see that the Top 5 games are all on the 3DS. Japan really, truly does love them some of that. However, is Kirby's opening good? For some reason I feel like Epic Yarn opened better.

Also, everyone needs to stop acting surprised at how bad the Wii U is doing, again. It was obviously going to happen.

Um. No. We're actually genuinely surprised. Last week it sold more than last year and this week less than last year. I, personally, don't get it. I expected it to drop to high 20s and stabilize around high 10s.

Around the Network

Like outlawauron said there's lots of legs around, so lets do some comparisons

Gundam Musou after 5 weeks

[PS3/360] Gundam Musou 3 - 12,529 / 348,261

[PS3/PSV] Shin Gundam Musou - 14,965 / 268,769 (-79,492)

God Eater after 9 weeks

[PSP] God Eater - 7,776 / 584,298

[PSP] God Eater Burst - 7,374 / 399,927

[PSP/PSV] God Eater 2 - 4,871* / 570,031* (-14,267 on vanilla GE)

*Because GE2 on PSP isn't in this week's Famitsu update, the weekly figure doesn't include it (so PSV only) and the LTD is Famitsu's current PSV LTD + Vgchartz current PSP LTD which again doesn't include Week 9 for PSP. However, that is at most 4.5k, so in LTD terms it's not massive. If anyone's that bothered it should turn up in Dengeki tomorrow in which case I'll edit or repost, not that anyone will see it

Just to point out the older games I used VGC figures for, the current ones are Famitsu's latest figures. I know it's not good to mix trackers and for the GE2 figures its a particularly bad Frankenstein-style mess, but I'm a lazy git and couldn't find what I was looking for on Garaph. Besides, it still gives a rough idea of sales

Basically GE2 is probably very slightly up on vanilla GE with digital, whereas Gundam is down noticeably, given that Bamco's targets were supposedly 350k on PS3 and 150k on PSV for 500k total, they may be a little disappointed. 

At least FFX is still doing alright on both platforms, and HW for Vita is good, personally I expected a little less so I'm pretty happy, WiiU continues to WiiU unfortunately, 3DS still well on top

Hoy fuck.The Japanese market is just BEGGING to be disrupted again like in 06..

Time to go back to the drawing board, Nintendo, and just focus all your efforts for a kick ass new console for 2016

Max King of the Wild said: Wii U sales makes me sad for the Wii U owners who werent saying that which probably make up 90% of them. For them, I will shed a tear.

Bring out the crocodile tears. 

OT: Return of doom. The upcoming weeks are going to be slow. 

naruball said:
NintendoPie said:
Nice to see that the Top 5 games are all on the 3DS. Japan really, truly does love them some of that. However, is Kirby's opening good? For some reason I feel like Epic Yarn opened better.

Also, everyone needs to stop acting surprised at how bad the Wii U is doing, again. It was obviously going to happen.

Um. No. We're actually genuinely surprised. Last week it sold more than last year and this week less than last year. I, personally, don't get it. I expected it to drop to high 20s and stabilize around high 10s.

Nope, last week it too sold less than last year.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Train wreck said:
Vita also has a new bundle coming out March 6th (probably to smooth out last years rise) looks good. Perceived value sometimes is the best value.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/07/playstation-vita-welcome-box-8gb-mem-card-headed-japan/

i wonder what that music unlimtied means,is it a trial or a 3 month sub

ot almost back to normal sales all round

Above & Beyond