By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

Acevil said:
ktay95 said:
Because apparently Japan is getting no Japanese games on PS4's launch day
Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn beta
Knack
Natural Doctrine
Puzzle 4 Sudoku
Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Strider (Publisher)
Yakuza: Restoration
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/09/japans-ps4-launch-day-line-up-features-19-games/

By the way, if this is at all directed to me, I think PS4 will have wonderful launch, I am just thinking it won't be as impressive as I would like it to be 2 or 3 months down the line.

Lol, it was probs directed at you then. I wasnt paying attention to who was posting, just read that there was no Japanese games at the PS4 launch so I thought I would inform you all. I agree it wont have the crazy success like the rest of the world but Im sure it can do better than what we saw in the 7th gen provided there is stock

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Acevil said:
ktay95 said:
Knack
Natural Doctrine
Puzzle 4 Sudoku
Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Strider (Publisher)
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/09/japans-ps4-launch-day-line-up-features-19-games/

By the way, if this is at all directed to me, I think PS4 will have wonderful launch, I am just thinking it won't be as impressive as I would like it to be 2 or 3 months down the line.

Lol, it was probs directed at you then. I wasnt paying attention to who was posting, just read that there was no Japanese games at the PS4 launch so I thought I would inform you all. I agree it wont have the crazy success like the rest of the world but Im sure it can do better than what we saw in the 7th gen provided there is stock

I would hope so it does better than the 7th gen, namely in terms of Japanese Games.... which seems dead... thanks Konami, SE and Capcom!

Train wreck said:
Vita also has a new bundle coming out March 6th (probably to smooth out last years rise) looks good. Perceived value sometimes is the best value.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/07/playstation-vita-welcome-box-8gb-mem-card-headed-japan/

Perceived value is part of the reason why Wii-U sold so well over the holidays.  Those bundles really helped.

But this looks like crap.  You're saving money on the memory card but 8GB isn't a great deal anyway (especially since Japan has 64GB); the cleaning stuff is alright I guess and then it's a load of F2P games.  You're not actually getting a lot; it's not loaded up with old games like Soul Sacrifice or Toukiden that'd actually help.

We'll see.

ktay95 said:
thismeintiel said:
ktay95 said:
Knack
Natural Doctrine
Puzzle 4 Sudoku
Tottemo E Mahjong Plus
Strider (Publisher)

90% of those only appeal to westerners, though. 

So true, when was the last time the Japanese bought Dynasty Warriors, Yakuza or Final Fantasy??

NEVER!!  And America went crazy when Dream Club: Hot Girls On Stage and the latest Mahjong game was released.  They even outsold COD. 

@ Acevil

It was more directed at Soundwave, who kept saying that the PS4 was a Westerner console and 90% of its games won't appeal to Japan (even though Japan has always seen its own releases for the country for any console.)  Not sure if you agreed with him, though.

Nice to see that the Top 5 games are all on the 3DS. Japan really, truly does love them some of that. However, is Kirby's opening good? For some reason I feel like Epic Yarn opened better.

Also, everyone needs to stop acting surprised at how bad the Wii U is doing, again. It was obviously going to happen.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Nice to see that the Top 5 games are all on the 3DS. Japan really, truly does love them some of that. However, is Kirby's opening good? For some reason I feel like Epic Yarn opened better.

Also, everyone needs to stop acting surprised at how bad the Wii U is doing, again. It was obviously going to happen.

Well in fairness, there were a lot of posts sayign wii-u was going to havea  buig year, and even outsells ps4.

FlamingWeazel said:

Well in fairness, there were a lot of posts sayign wii-u was going to havea  buig year, and even outsells ps4.

Those people were either mentally insane or were kidding themselves and others. I'm talking about people who had a ounce of reality.

NintendoPie said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Those people were either mentally insane or were kidding themselves and others. I'm talking about people who had a ounce of reality.

Haha true enough.

Like I said... Kirby is going to suck the life out of those Japanese gamers...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lots of legs in dem charts. God Eater 2 may even be able to get half a million after its cheaper re-release.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.