By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

I know YTDs are a bit meaningless with only 2 weeks of sales for 2014, but Vita has sold 107k YTD according to MC, compared to 44k in 2013. That's  a 63k  advantage which is basically enough to absorb one of the price cut / Soul Sacrifice weeks already, just shows how important FFX has been for maintaining momentum

Hopefully it continues and Vita does even better this year than in 2013. Given the games its getting, particularly Phantasy Star Nova, I'm confident it'll improve (though is that definitely coming in 2014?)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Lots of legs in dem charts. God Eater 2 may even be able to get half a million after its cheaper re-release.
Kongfucius said:

God Eater after 9 weeks

[PSP] God Eater - 7,776 / 584,298

[PSP] God Eater Burst - 7,374 / 399,927

[PSP/PSV] God Eater 2 - 4,871* / 570,031* (-14,267 on vanilla GE)

It's weird.  On GAF they (well, I say "they", a couple of prominent 3DS users in particular) keep pointing out that God Eater 2 isn't doing very well but I think it's doing as could be expected given a platform change + the advent of digital sales.  It's not the Vita's saviour but it's an easy 400k which isn't something any other game has done before on Vita.

I guess they're just port begging.  Maybe the game would've done better on 3DS, but I kinda doubt it.

Kongfucius said:

Hopefully it continues and Vita does even better this year than in 2013. Given the games its getting, particularly Phantasy Star Nova, I'm confident it'll improve (though is that definitely coming in 2014?)

Yes.  Though I question what impact it'll have on hardware.  Phantasy Star fans already kind of exist on Vita (PSO2) and hunting game fans already exist on Vita (Soul Sacrifice; Toukiden; God Eater; Ragnarok Odyssey etc.)

They should LE console it at least to move a few more.

Woah, Kirby is owning.

Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:
Lots of legs in dem charts. God Eater 2 may even be able to get half a million after its cheaper re-release.
Kongfucius said:

God Eater after 9 weeks

[PSP] God Eater - 7,776 / 584,298

[PSP] God Eater Burst - 7,374 / 399,927

[PSP/PSV] God Eater 2 - 4,871* / 570,031* (-14,267 on vanilla GE)

It's weird.  On GAF they (well, I say "they", a couple of prominent 3DS users in particular) keep pointing out that God Eater 2 isn't doing very well but I think it's doing as could be expected given a platform change + the advent of digital sales.  It's not the Vita's saviour but it's an easy 400k which isn't something any other game has done before on Vita.

I guess they're just port begging.  Maybe the game would've done better on 3DS, but I kinda doubt it.

It's doing well and keeping up with the first in the series. Most sequels tend to sell less than the first, so I think they'd be happy with it. There's more than enough of a market for the second-tier hunting games on Vita.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Kongfucius said:

Yes.  Though I question what impact it'll have on hardware.  Phantasy Star fans already kind of exist on Vita (PSO2) and hunting game fans already exist on Vita (Soul Sacrifice; Toukiden; God Eater; Ragnarok Odyssey etc.)

They should LE console it at least to move a few more.

True but Vita lacks big JRPGs in general, I think that because PSN is a more traditional take on the series it will attract fans of the genre at large to buy Vita, along with Oreshika 2 and others. Yes it is a bit like a hunting game but I'd argue it's sufficiently different for it not to be too badly affected by those older titles

My big hope is that with Squenix in particular is that they've seen FFX do well on Vita, and seeing an original game in a biggish JRPG franchise will encourage them to commission some original games on PSV. Same goes for other devs

I got a feeling PS4 is gonna steal Monster hunter back, its rate of sales will be unavoidable.
Maybe a PS4 god eater, some other FF a official Demon's Souls 2 maybe Dragons quest a new Sony RPG hopefully many old rpgs rebooted.

Should be fun, and ull be able to remote play with vita!

I expected a WiiU drop, but not by nearly that much. Terrible.

archbrix said:

it lack software that can grip the customer intrest and build some hype.

hope nin nation finally gets that MArio aint saving shit all.  They new new ips and games that the customers want, not what ninty thinks they should want.  

BeElite said:
archbrix said:

it lack software that can grip the customer intrest and build some hype.

hope nin nation finally gets that MArio and saving shit all.  They new new ips and games that the customers want, not what ninty thinks they should want.  

Thanks for your analysis.  I'll do well to remember that - particularly @bolded.