By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My question to VGChartz semi-lurkers.....

First of all,  in this situation  semi-lurkers are the people who sign in to their  VGChartz  account frequently, but choose not  to post anything for months,  sometimes even years... I am not including people like Machina and DMeisterJ who sign in to their account at the most random times and leave again for a long periods of time.... A good example of this is  OkeyDokey... He  signs into his account  pretty frequently, yet his last post was in February of last year.. There are many other   users just like OkeyDokey.. I would say Squilliam, but he  was on  hiatus from February  up until late December if I am not mistaken..

My question  to those semi-lurkers is  why do you act like a semi-lurker? I don't  say that you should post 20 threads daily and  post 40 times daily, but why aren't you more active?

1. You don't have time to post?  You seem to have time to  be online  weekly if not monthly, so I think you could have time for at least a post every day or every week. You don't have to be part of the console war between PS4 and Xbox One.. You can start a thread about  anything you want or you can post in a thread that caught your interest that is not regarding  doom and stuff like that.

2. The last thing I said in  point 1 will lead me to point 2 which is the following.. You can't find a good thread? Sure, the majority are threads regarding PS4 VS Xbox One or Wii U doom ( both should be expected), but there are also tons of good threads that  don't start flame wars between users such as The Game of the Generation thread by bugrimmar,  game reviews done by users like Rol,  news threads  that are not about doom or dominance, joke threads  by Galaki, RPG threads by Soriku and many others..

Point is that for every PS4 dominance thread  or  every toastboy thread there is also a thread that is free from this kind of console war/ doom stuff that you may  want to avoid like AIDS.

3. This is the last point. Are you  feeling like the community is losing the charm? Well, the community would certainly be much better if every semi-lurker would post more often.. That is a fact.. Specially when we are talking about good users like OkeyDokey and MontanaHatchet....  Complaining about how VGChartz is getting worse is a huge waste of time, because you are simply not doing anything  to improve it..

Try  being more active  and if you really want old users back you can always use Google and beg them to come back for a while, if not forever....  Want Carmina back?  Search her on her Twitter. Want makingmusic476 back? Search  for  his MyAnimelist or Steam  account. Want Twesterm back? Search for his Steam account. Don't just stay there and complain.. That is not going to do a damn thing..

That was my thread regarding semi-lurkers.. Feel free to leave  your reponses..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
AZWification said:

Try  being more active  and if you really want old users back you can always use Google and beg them to come back for a while, if not forever....  Want Carmina back?  Search her on her Twitter. Want makingmusic476 back? Search  for  his MyAnimelist or Steam  account. Want Twesterm back? Search for his Steam account. Don't just stay there and complain.. That is not going to do a damn thing..

That was my thread regarding semi-lurkers.. Feel free to leave  your reponses..

Being more active wont bring back the old users. They left on their own reasons, not just because a site's activity dwindled.

I also doubt any of the people you mention will come back if you just message them on their accounts, the most common result that will occur will be a block :O!

P.S. Is this really a serious thread? lol

I didn't say that being  more active will bring back older users.. I said that being more active would certainly make the community much better specially if we are talking about users like OkeyDokey and Monty ( users who didn't really left)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Because a lot of the threads are console war nonsense. I like talking games, not how Sony is supposedly better than everyone else.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

I miss Squilliam he was properly undecent

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think its stupid replies that deter them from posting in the first place.

for example apparently liking trophies or graphics is supposed to be the same as having a bad taste for gameplay.

eventually you cant be bothered posting things if you expect a stupid reply to follow.

half the time I type a comment then just delete it because I know people wont accept the underlying point and instead twist it to make it sound like I dont even care about games.

Around the Network

Being semi-lurker last year, I can easily say the amount of threads that is just shit talking or shit throwing. If you have no idea what I mean, simply put this site is negative overall. Given it seems I will most likely leave for that reason again.

Add: Most of the time it seems it is generally Wii U - XboxOne bashing and Sony Praising. I rarely see neutral people anymore (They left) just heavily biased people. 

Edit: Don't confuse bashing with actual concerns, like the Xbox One DRM. 

Edit: Also I will note that about some of the most active users are sort of elitest at times, and sort of seem to be talking down to others, which is another pet peeve of mine. They know what they are doing, and they are really clever because they are within the rules and have mods as friends.

Edit: Rol does NOT fall in the above, he is Rol. 

Acevil said:
Being semi-lurker last year, I can easily say the amount of threads that is just shit talking or shit throwing. If you have no idea what I mean, simply put this site is negative overall. Given it seems I will most likely leave for that reason again.

Tell me about it, some days are better than others but sometimes it's just plain bad.

to be honest.. it's kinda hard to make a "neutral" thread.. every freaking time some a#hole is gonna ruin it..

ps.. I got Carmina back.. she said she loves me.. achievement unlocked.. I also didn't remove the d21lewis one... only means I haven't found someone who left that's worth asking back..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
to be honest.. it's kinda hard to make a "neutral" thread.. every freaking time some a#hole is gonna ruin it..

That is true, even the best threads are ruined by someone, but the amount of negativity really does outway the positive by large margin. 

Also ALWAYS WATCHING!

NiKKoM said:

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.