By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz's Best of Zelda - The Results!

Salnax, I'm a little confused about the methodology here.

You awarded points to each game based on first, second, and third place votes in each category, e.g., story, overworld, and then created a top ten based on those point counts? Is that right?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You awarded points to each game based on first, second, and third place votes in each category, e.g., story, overworld, and then created a top ten based on those point counts? Is that right?

Correct.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Correct.

OK, thanks!

I'm really surprised A Link to the Past performed so poorly, especially considering the almost universal praise it receives, on this site and elsewhere.

Tagging this thread. Lots of pictures. Everyone likes pictures.

Great thread and good list. I personally dont like OoT as much as many other people but I am totally fine with how the list turned out. I just wish I was around for the voting >.>

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Great thread and good list. I personally dont like OoT as much as many other people but I am totally fine with how the list turned out. I just wish I was around for the voting >.>

I personally expected a few more people to vote than there actually were. Some people reserved a spot to vote, but never actually did so. Now I'm left wondering if I happened to poll just the biggest 3D Zelda fans on the site, or what the consensus would be on other parts of the internet.

Love and tolerate.

DAMM (I say that a lot... I should stop) 3D maybe was a better innovation than motion controls. I wasn't around the time when PS1 was released. But I still think most of OoT's love and infinite praise come from nostalgia. IMHO the story it's a cliche, not a classic. And the puzzles weren't creative in anyway, but the time changing mechanic is something I could seriously love if done more often. All in all, OoT is a solid game. Do I think it deserves even a 9/10? NO!

Skyward Sword is actually my favorite game of all time (so expect some fanboyism), and I think linearity isn't an issue to any game. It's overworld? Meeh... not bad, not good. And the transportation was cool, but not so cool. Now, the night and day mechanics should be thrown out the window, fall through a cliff, beaten to death by Demise and burn in hell. But c'mon! Soundtrack goes to SS!! Just listen to the song at the end of this post!

Whatever, opinions are opinions... But what is a fact is that this was a great idea and job from you, Salnax!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I was terrified to even glance at this thread, but the results are pretty well balanced. I do think it's weird that Wind Waker won Best Graphics while Twilight Princess won Best Art Style.

Great thread! and very accurate rankings (for me at least). Quite happy to see some SS love, even if it had many flaws. Looking forward to more of these polls :)

Very good read, Zelda is one of my favorite series. All of the games have great quality.