By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz's Best of Zelda - The Results!

Wright said:

Best controls, Skyward Sword, seriously? Controls killed that game for me.

agreed 100%

but yes OOT is the best it was so mindblowing back then.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

I think the reason Skyward Sword did so well in controls is the way voting occured. Basically, games only got positive votes, no negative votes. So even if half of the population hates Zelda with motion controls, the other half would still likely vote for it, if only because it stands out so much.

Love and tolerate.

I feel that A Link to the Past got shafted... :( Then again I enjoy top-down Zelda games more than the 3D installments.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Agree with most the outcomes.

RolStoppable said:
I take it, weaknesses are based on the categories the games were not voted for?

Pretty much. Except for the Top 4 games, which had at least one vote in every category. In these cases, I just went with the weakest areas.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Would anyone like this to be a regular VGChartz feature? I could focus on just Nintendo series, or expand the horizons a bit.

Love and tolerate.

Great to see so much love for Skyward Sword, its an excellent game.

Salnax said:
Would anyone like this to be a regular VGChartz feature? I could focus on just Nintendo series, or expand the horizons a bit.

I think there would be some heavy competition doing this for the Mario (platforming) series, so that one should be interesting. Of course, I guess this was quite time consuming, so it's up to you of course.

Anyway, well laid out little competition !

Yay, Ocarina of Time wins another! Is there anything that game doesn't win? I'm not complaining or course, well deserved .

Also slightly surprised by the praise for Skyward Sword. Deserved, was an awesome game even if the overworld killed it for me. Still, it seems I need to advertise Link's Awakening some more... People, play Link's Awakening!

I couldnt disagree more. Link to the past is still my number 1!