By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz's Best of Zelda - The Results!

Well, I didn't vote in the thread . That's what happens when you leave it for tomorrow... and then you do the same every day.

There are too many Zelda's I haven't played, but A Link To The Past would certainly be higher on my list. And Skyward Sword lower.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I'm thinking about doing one of the following series next:

• Final Fantasy (Main Series minus 11 and 14)
  • Mario Kart
  • Metroid
  • Pokemon (Main Series)

These would all probably be a bit simpler to make than this thread, but would still have some very interesting results, especially depending on the categories.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

• Mario Kart
  • Metroid
  • Pokemon (Main Series)

These would all probably be a bit simpler to make than this thread, but would still have some very interesting results, especially depending on the categories.

Good ideas! Although does MK have enough games?

How about Castlevania and Super Mario too?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Salnax said:

• Mario Kart
  • Metroid
  • Pokemon (Main Series)

Seven Mario Kart entries is enough for me. Considering how half of the Zelda series barely got voted on, perhaps something smaller is called for.

Castlevania is a bit weird in that the main games in the entries cover three distinct genres: 2D sidescroller Action, Metroid-style, and 3D Action. I'm not sure if it's be fair to judge them all based on the same categories.

Super Mario would likewise have to be divided into 2D and 3D categories simply because the 2D and 3D games are very different. The problem here is that 3D Land and 3D World are a weird hybrid of the two.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Seven Mario Kart entries is enough for me. Considering how half of the Zelda series barely got voted on, perhaps something smaller is called for.

Castlevania is a bit weird in that the main games in the entries cover three distinct genres: 2D sidescroller Action, Metroid-style, and 3D Action. I'm not sure if it's be fair to judge them all based on the same categories.

Super Mario would likewise have to be divided into 2D and 3D categories simply because the 2D and 3D games are very different. The problem here is that 3D Land and 3D World are a weird hybrid of the two.

I can see the Castlevania thing, but I don't think it would be very difficult to compare and contrast 2D and 3D Super Mario games. They all belong to the same genre after all. Zelda includes 2D and 3D titles, but we were able to vote on all of them at once.

Around the Network

that was a great read, all this thread did was remind me of why I love the zelda series so much, thank you so much for that. I don't really care about the final positions, I have played and loved every single zelda game that exists, except of course the cd-i ones but those ones don't really count right?, so rate them and say one is better than other is really hard for me

Salnax said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Salnax said:

I consider 3D Land/World to be 3D platformers and the other 3D marios to be 3D action/platformer.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Salnax said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Salnax said:

I consider 3D Land/World to be 3D platformers and the other 3D marios to be 3D action/platformer.

I would've put Galaxy and 64 as 3D platformers and Sunshine as action/platformer.

Ocarina of Time won best overworld? Totally didn't deserve that one.